1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a good deal on a Markbass F1, I'm stoked!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deepwoods, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Guitar Center has a 15% off coupon you can print off their website. That plus a $200 instant rebate = a happy basser. The sales person was very cool and walked me over to the drum section for a $3 Yamaha drum key which qualified the purchase for 12 mos. no interest. SCORE! I am very impressed with the unit, it has none of the noise issues that I experienced with the GK micro head and all of the tone while being more versitile IMO. Not to diss the GK, I probably just got a bad one. I will surely try their next revision of that head. The F1 is a winner for sure.

2. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Wow! so what was your total cost for the F1?
    + 3. drum key..

3. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    $550 out the door. The tax rate was 7.85% (ouch). Overall a very good deal me thinks. They show $799 on the website. It's a sweet rig at any price. The LMII is $550 plus another 15% off with the coupon this weekend if you are so inclined. You can say what you want about the G Center but they are generally pretty cool in my part of the world and if you stay on top of it you can find some pretty killer deals.

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Wow, amazing deal on an amazing amp. Wait until you get it on a gig:bassist: At $799, to me it's one of the best amplication values out their considering the quality/performance/size/weight/price ratio (and maybe of all time IMO). At $550, forget about it!

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Remember: it's only good for 8 or 4 ohm loads. Might not drive the two cabs in your avatar pic.
    That aside: killer head.

6. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Thanks for the head's up. The cabs are each 8 ohms so I should be good to go. I can't wait to open 'er up. I want to hear the plates rattle two doors down.

7. Illinimax

Illinimax

Oct 11, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Unfortunately, one couldn't use the 15% off coupon on Markbass this weekend, but I decided to snag a LMII anyways. That little thing is a beast with my Schroeder 410R :bassist: