1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a great deal yesterday on an Eden Metro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smurfco, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    At least I think I did.

Found a used David Eden Metro at Guitar Center, marked at $799. I talked them down to $699. It sounds great!

Does anyone else have one? Thoughts?

2. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Dude...great price IMO. I always liked the Eden Metro's more than the SWR Redhead. The Eden always had more low end out of the 2x10 super combos. Good snag!

3. Well - that is better than paying $1600 for a new one. I have a 1998 Metro that I bought new. I liked it more than the SWR Redhead that I tried out multiple times.

I personally think the Metro is a really cool amp because of it's versatility. Enjoy it! :D Oh by the way did you get the included footswitch with it?????

4. David Eden? Who dat?

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    any standard f/s works. It's only a simple channel switch.

That's a great price on a Metro. I bought mine used from a GC in '99 or '00 for a fair bit more. I wound up letting mine go to go seprates.

BTW, GC is not even taking any Edens in on Trade anymore, as per corporate orders. They just don't move off the floor fast enough.

6. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Good price grab. Once you've gone to an Eden, it's hard to ever go back. Standalone , who'd want to buy from GC anyway? But I can see why you've gone to separates, as have I. Age makes us do things. Got to be fairly young or in good shape to muscle around a heavy combo. But it worth it, if it's an Eden combo.

7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    great deal. i had one for a few years that i bought new and it was a great sounding rig. two of my buddies bought them after hearing my rig. i used to pair it up with another cab for gigging and it worked out well.

JR

8. myhot4

myhot4

Jul 11, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Sweet. Just sweet..

9. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    More than age, it was completion of a studio above my garage, (stairs for every gig) and the fact that I'm gigging upright playing jazz. The Metro just wasn't getting in the wagon with the DB, the &c. So I got a big electric rig to have for any rock fill in stuff that might come up, and to have in the long run, and am starting to get a small head/cab setup together that's more apropriate to the needs of my current band.

Everyone is running away from semi-heavy combos like the Metro, but if you're not trying to bring a DB around, too, it's really no big deal.