1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GOT A JOB!!!!!....finally

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 16, 2005.

1. well, after 18 months of unemployment, 12 months was spend getting my IT Help Desk cert 3 and 4, on wednesday i sat a test for an electrical pre-apprenticeship i got the call yesterday i was acepted :hyper: ...5 weeks of 4 days full time at TAFE(college) then the training company helps me find an employer during those 5 weeks and over 3 months after that :hyper:

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Congratulations!

Being not-broke is a nice thing.

Just remember, mo' money, mo' problems.

3. Knavery

Knavery Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Congrats! I hope the tech job market is better down under than it is here in the states. I was lucky enough to get pulled over to another project when we started experiencing layoffs at our company a couple years back. Searching for work is NOT fun.

4. gratz dude

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

So true!! :bawl:

6. Top stuff Heath! I sure hope it turns into something great for you...

IT Cert 3 and 4? I started a Diploma in Information Technology after finishing year 12 with the idea of going on to a degree... I just lost it after finishing Cert IV (the first year), IT (software bassed) work is near imposable to find unless you have a degree and 3+ years experience. It Sucks! So I sure feel for you in that regard. Before that Good marks in year 12, and a Pre-Apprenciship in Automotive... Finding works sucks in general!

I hope this electrical pre-apprencieship turns into something good for you though! You'll ahev a heap of molar, and a castle of basses and amps in no time :bassist:

7. nemesis amp soon enough..and a spector ledgend 4 may be on the cards by christmas :D

8. Heya Heath, I popping over for x-mas, oh and i need to borrow a grand or five, but you don't mind right? :ninja:

9. oh i mind, i mind alot :D