Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GOT A JOB!!!!!....finally

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 16, 2005.

1. well, after 18 months of unemployment, 12 months was spend getting my IT Help Desk cert 3 and 4, on wednesday i sat a test for an electrical pre-apprenticeship i got the call yesterday i was acepted :hyper: ...5 weeks of 4 days full time at TAFE(college) then the training company helps me find an employer during those 5 weeks and over 3 months after that :hyper:

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Congratulations!

Being not-broke is a nice thing.

Just remember, mo' money, mo' problems.

3. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Congrats! I hope the tech job market is better down under than it is here in the states. I was lucky enough to get pulled over to another project when we started experiencing layoffs at our company a couple years back. Searching for work is NOT fun.

4. gratz dude

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

So true!! :bawl:

6. Top stuff Heath! I sure hope it turns into something great for you...

IT Cert 3 and 4? I started a Diploma in Information Technology after finishing year 12 with the idea of going on to a degree... I just lost it after finishing Cert IV (the first year), IT (software bassed) work is near imposable to find unless you have a degree and 3+ years experience. It Sucks! So I sure feel for you in that regard. Before that Good marks in year 12, and a Pre-Apprenciship in Automotive... Finding works sucks in general!

I hope this electrical pre-apprencieship turns into something good for you though! You'll ahev a heap of molar, and a castle of basses and amps in no time :bassist:

7. nemesis amp soon enough..and a spector ledgend 4 may be on the cards by christmas :D

8. Heya Heath, I popping over for x-mas, oh and i need to borrow a grand or five, but you don't mind right? :ninja:

9. oh i mind, i mind alot :D