Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a Metro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flatwound, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I was looking for a high-powered combo, and a friend offered me his Eden Metro. It's the older version, 8 ohms internally, so it's about 240 watts by itself. Used it at an audition last nite, and loved it. I also tried it with a Carvin 2x10 I have, and the sound was just huge. Of course that would have given me about 3 ohms speaker impedance, so there was plenty of power on tap as well. This is my first "high end" amp, and I'm totally diggin' it. It does deep and thumpy very nicely, and if you want ear-splitting nails-on-a-chalkboard treble, you can get that too, though the highs from this combo are generally pretty sweet. Fortunately, the previous owner already blew the speakers and got new ones from Eden, so I should be OK on that score.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I used a Metro for a few years also. I liked the low end I got out of it when I paired it up with another 210, or a 410. If you really want to kick some butt with that combo, add in a 410 and a 210. You can also do a 410 and a 115. Very impressive tone, and serious volume in those configurations. Very nice combo you have my friend.

-Mike

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yeah, it makes pretty good lows already for a 210. I can use it like that for lower volume stuff, and add another 210 to get louder if necessary.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hehehe, that is the same thing I did. I only added another cab for outdoor, or loud club gigs. You are set for a rig bro. I loved mine since it was so versatile and loud. When you get a chance, show us a pic of it with the Carvin.

-Mike