Got a Micro POG today...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 12BitSlab, Dec 11, 2016.

1. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Liberty Township
    I picked a Micro POG today at the local GC. I bought it based on several threads on TB.

I like it very much and promise to use it only under judicious circumstances.

blindrabbit likes this.
  2. No reason why you can't use it all the time!

I had one for a bit. Tracked perfectly, as the digital octavers are wont to do. I ended up preferring the tone of analog octavers so went back to them, but if you want perfect tracking, polyphonic tracking, or clean octaves up, the POG family is the way to go.

azfatboy likes this.
  3. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Liberty Township
    Can't use it ALL the time - it would sound very strange when I play jazz quartet stuff.

It will sound good w/ r+r.

4. I had the nano pog briefly. Kind of miss the sorta faked 8 string sound I could get with the octave up. Never really cared for the octave down on it. Maybe later in 2017 I'll build a bigger board and get another one. I'm pretty happy with all my other gear now. Gotta spend money on something lol. I'm also very curious what the pog sounds like going into my duality fuzz lol.

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    I already have a PitchFork and just bought a POG2 from a fellow TBer. Royal Blood is one of my main inspirations, so a POG2 was high on my GAS list (Mike Kerr uses TWO of 'em). Can't wait to try it out. Like BR said, no reason you can't have it on all the time, although admittedly I use a BOSS LS-2 to mute the "fake guitar" chain when I want just bass. :D

blindrabbit likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021