Got a Mini Q-tron for christmas

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dave_bass5, Dec 26, 2005.

1. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    can somone recomend some settings for me to start with?
    Dont want over the top filtersweeps, just something subtle and vowel like, usable to enhance a few songs.
    I know i can(and will) experiment but im hoping to use it at my next gig and dont have access to my amp etc till then.
    Im looking for an even sound when i switch the effect on and off, i dont want a huge volume difference. is this possible?
    Thanks and merry christmas

2. I have read that the volume difference between the effect being on or off is considerable, and that you either use them for a whole song or none of a song. There is no gain knob so you can't do anything about this. If your amp has 2 channels, you could make one channel louder, and switch the effect on and off simultaneously with a channel switch, which would even out the volume.
  3. you know, most basses DO come with volume knobs...

other than that your probably gonna have to live with it. my bassballs, on distortion mode, is noticeably a lot louder on then off. so in a fraction of a second, i can just modify my volume knob. fixes the problem pretty effectively.
  4. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    I have a mini q tron and I use it for one whole song or just for slapping because the volume boost matches my slapping boost when I'm not using my clean booster for slapping
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    But by lowering the volume going into the pedal you can affect how the pedal is triggering, so you maybe able to volume match using the volume knob on the bass but you may find that the filter doesn't open or sounds completely different.
  6. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    That was the problem I had with my Mini Q Tron. Most people suggested a Loooper with a blend knob, but that isn't practical for some of us. I sold mine. Too bad, because it really is a great sounding filter. Good luck.
  7. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks guys.
    used it for the last 2 nights and it seemed to work ok. i put it in front of my Aphex PF and that seemed to tame the volume change well.
    just got to find a real reason to use it now. guess ill have to suggest a few more "funky" songs

8. That's the thing about effects: they are cool, but many have no realistic application. I had been drooling over envelope filters, but then I was like, wait, I don't need this. Then I didn't have so much GAS.
  9. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005