Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new bass today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by axman, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Went to the music store today and traded a CRATE BX215E cab even up for a blackbird. Was this a good deal for me or a bad one? :confused: I'm not to familiar with gibson.

2. Congrats man. How does the bass sound? I've always wanted one of those but felt they were too pricey for what you get, and I don't have much use for a 4 string. They sure look sweet though. Post some pics!

3. one of THESE????

[​IMG]

i'd call that a smokin deal...

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'd agree with R&Rer even though I'm not too fond of Gibson basses.

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    it's a good, solid bass if you are into the shape.... it's definately a good deal considering the crate cab you gave up for it! nice work!

P@

6. Kraig99, it sounds ok. I kinda wish I could adjust the tone thow. I paid 425.00 for the cab when i bought it from them. Its just like the one rockandroller posted. The only thing I really dont like about the bass is the neck it seems to get sticky after you play it. Your thumb and palm dont slide to easy. You have to stop and put finger ease on it or take a polish cloth and wipe it down.:( I think its a keeper. Had another music store look at it they offered me 600.00 for it on trade if i wanted to trade it in. Didnt have the $$ for the bass that i want. But christmass is comeing. :p

7. Just found out the Blackbird I have was made on Oct 20, 2001 witch explains the great condition its in.:D They also quit makeing them. Just thought I would share that with you all.

8. I thought that was the Nikki Sixx sig. bass... I saw it in Musicians Friend 3 months ago.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If that were an aquisition of mine, I'd open 'er up, and drop in an active harness. Give it some kick, as it were.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, it is. It is called a Blackbird.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The one at the local GC always has a sticky neck.

Id probably sand off the finish in the back and coat it with Tung oil then add a good pre-amp.

Killer deal though.

Peace
    Nick