Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RS, Jun 29, 2001.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    A modulus 5 string. It is a slightly older one. It has EMG pups, and alder body, and a tobacco burst maple top. I like it. The B is tight and loud. It is a little more modern sounding than I'm used to, but it is not as sterile as some I have played. I think the alder body really helps. What else can I say?
    Yeah for me.

An suggestions for new strings? I want nickel roundwounds.
    I think it has boomers on it right now.

I'd be curious to know how this bass compares to the genesis or vj models.

2. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm pretty partial to D'addario XL's myself. Plenty of brightness and they last a long time.

That's what I've had my Carvin LB75 strung up with for the past couple years.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on your Modulus purchase.

How do you like the B string on that sucker?:)

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I use the XL's as well, wouldnt use anything else.

Mike

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i ahve the modulus q5 with emgs.. i personally do not like it.. the sound at least.. it sounds like SUPER P BASS! which im not really in favor of.. it even sounds pick played (even doh Angus keeps on saying "no it doesn't, i played 815298 modulis". but it does sound like PBass pick played (Right Analogkid9? :)) B is nice. just the sound doesn't really my thing. i LOVE the slap tone of it doh :

DM

6. well DarkMazda, if you really are that dissatisfied with that modulus i'll take it off your hands. if you are ever looking to sell it i wanna know(though chances are i won't have the cash, but one never knows)