Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new job!!! (Best Buy)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darkspec, Aug 25, 2004.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Guys, Im so happy right now, it feels like I just won the lottery or something. About 5 days ago I went onto BestBuy.com and put in a application because my friend told me that they had a weird test where you anwsered like 100 questions about yourself pertaining to how you feel...sorta like a analysis of your mind. I got a real kick out of filling it out and a nice laugh for about 5 mins. The next day as Im out car shopping with a friend I get a call on my cellphone, its a girl named Carly from BestBuy, they wanted me to come in for a interview.

I was really thinking about not going to this interview. I have no experience in retail sales at all.....up till now I have only worked at fast food joints and resturants. But, I went today and I am proud to say I am now a employee of best buy in the Digital Imageing section. I get to spend all day selling digital cameras!!!! YAY!!! No more fries and grease burns!!! I am so friggin happy to have moved up in the work force even if its justt a small step.

Even better...Im making 3 dollars more then I would be at any resturant. And to top it all off, I realized a few months back that smoking the ganja was gonna prevent me from getting a good job. If I wouldnt have stoped, I would still be in a crap job and crap enviroment. So the moral is.....Drugs dont pay if your underage!!!!!!

Thanx for listening to my rant. :smug:

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I'll be a clerk before long. I'll be making way more (more than twice as much) than any of my friends.

3. Hooryay! :)

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Can you hook me up on a couple small subwoofer boxes? I got a pair of 10s I wanna split up into two boxes.

Oh. Congrats on the job. :D

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Congratulations. I wouldn't mind working at best buy, go you!

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    brad cook

7. Good job buddy, by the way, my besstest friend , can you grab me a few cds.....................

8. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    I wish I could grab some speaker boxes and CD's for you guys but I gotta make this job last for a while....so nothing falls off a truck for at least 6 months ;)

j/k

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This is one of the things that sucks about working at a place like BestBuy.

All your "friends" are going to start wanting deals. Of course, BestBuy has lots of cool stuff. Once you do it, that opens the floodgates.

-Mike

10. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    :ninja: Where do I send my "orders" :ninja:

:p