1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a new laptop!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John Davis, Dec 15, 2002.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    w00t w00t

I just got a new laptop a few days ago[sorry I didn't post it sooner, but I'm a working mad-dog now.....sometimes I hate being a 'good employee']....it's not really NEW, but it's new to me.. It's a Fujitsu Lifebook 4200: 120MHz, 40 MB RAM, and PCMCIA NIC[plus other standard stuff].

I got sick of Windows 95 when it came out, so at the moment, it's running OpenBSD 3.2 with only a CLI. Maybe someone (AllodoX?) can help me with this part, XFree86 does not like this laptop, and keeps the resolution so large that the letters are a good 3/4" high, and even when at the command prompt ,the entire screen isn't used. Maybe it's just the laptop.

Anyways...........just thought I'd share.

2. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    I have heard good things about Fujitsu notebooks.

Does it have an Intel or AMD CPU?

Just curious.

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Rusty[If that IS your real name...]: It's a Pentium.

I'm going to try and manually configure X through text configuration, which means I know have to search the web for info about the laptop.

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Rusty......
    do you live in MS? or have you ever??
    umm.. i know a rusty shakelford i went to Elementary school with.. Um dude woudl that be you???

5. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    Rusty is not my real name.
    I do live in Texas.

So, I am not that person. I have never lived in MI.

Take care,

rs