Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new laptop!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John Davis, Dec 15, 2002.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    w00t w00t

I just got a new laptop a few days ago[sorry I didn't post it sooner, but I'm a working mad-dog now.....sometimes I hate being a 'good employee']....it's not really NEW, but it's new to me.. It's a Fujitsu Lifebook 4200: 120MHz, 40 MB RAM, and PCMCIA NIC[plus other standard stuff].

I got sick of Windows 95 when it came out, so at the moment, it's running OpenBSD 3.2 with only a CLI. Maybe someone (AllodoX?) can help me with this part, XFree86 does not like this laptop, and keeps the resolution so large that the letters are a good 3/4" high, and even when at the command prompt ,the entire screen isn't used. Maybe it's just the laptop.

Anyways...........just thought I'd share.

2. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    I have heard good things about Fujitsu notebooks.

Does it have an Intel or AMD CPU?

Just curious.

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Rusty[If that IS your real name...]: It's a Pentium.

I'm going to try and manually configure X through text configuration, which means I know have to search the web for info about the laptop.

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Rusty......
    do you live in MS? or have you ever??
    umm.. i know a rusty shakelford i went to Elementary school with.. Um dude woudl that be you???

5. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    Rusty is not my real name.
    I do live in Texas.

So, I am not that person. I have never lived in MI.

Take care,

rs