1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a new MiniDisc Player/Recorder, now I have a question....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Just got this last night, it's a great little device, but now I need a good mic for live recording. I know some of you have minidisc recorders, what type of equipment do you use and what do you use it for? I really want to start recording jam sessions and such so I can figure out what the heck I was doing and what I need to change. :)

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a Sony ECM-MS957 that I use for field recording. It's great, but at a $200 street price it's worth more than my MD.

Someone here - Steve Lawson, maybe? - recorded one of his albums using a Sony ECM-MS907. A much nicer price - I've seen them for $60.

Both of these are stereo mics...

3. Thanks for the suggestion! I believe a friend of mine had one awhile back, nice little mics, now I just need to find a place that has them under $100.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. Yeah, it's fairly all-encompassing....
    :D
    Felt a bit bad about the guy left hanging at the end but geez! He was starting to wear even me out! Great thread tho'...everything I needed to know, that's for sure. these mic's look like the ones, no? http://www.minidisc-canada.com/SP_BMC3.asp I'll be getting a set soon 'nuff.
    Good luck!