Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new MiniDisc Player/Recorder, now I have a question....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Just got this last night, it's a great little device, but now I need a good mic for live recording. I know some of you have minidisc recorders, what type of equipment do you use and what do you use it for? I really want to start recording jam sessions and such so I can figure out what the heck I was doing and what I need to change. :)

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a Sony ECM-MS957 that I use for field recording. It's great, but at a $200 street price it's worth more than my MD.

Someone here - Steve Lawson, maybe? - recorded one of his albums using a Sony ECM-MS907. A much nicer price - I've seen them for $60.

Both of these are stereo mics...

3. Thanks for the suggestion! I believe a friend of mine had one awhile back, nice little mics, now I just need to find a place that has them under $100.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. Yeah, it's fairly all-encompassing....
    :D
    Felt a bit bad about the guy left hanging at the end but geez! He was starting to wear even me out! Great thread tho'...everything I needed to know, that's for sure. these mic's look like the ones, no? http://www.minidisc-canada.com/SP_BMC3.asp I'll be getting a set soon 'nuff.
    Good luck!