Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a new piece of computer hardware!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, May 31, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

This thing is so comfy! has rubber grips, and no wires to fiddle with!

2. Sweet.

If I wasn't a regular Counter Strike player, I'd probably buy a wireless optical mouse.

But I need to accuracy of a ball, and wired mouse. You know, for aim.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, I have both. A lot of times, I'll leave them both pluged in. I have a big desk, so I can do that. I love counterstrilke by the way. The first time I played it was in an internet cafe. I was kicking all my friends butts at it too. Sneaking up behind them was fun. And I only had the pistol!

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    lazer wire is far more accurate that ball wired :)

5. That looks pretty cool; good luck wtih it! (I'm actually looking at getting a wireless too.) Are there any drawbacks to having a wireless?

6. I've considered getting a mouse like that and then just use a gamepad for counterstrike. I realized this when I played the xbox version of CS and I got tons more kills with the controller....guess I'm just a console gamer at heart. I'm not sure if CS is gamepad compatible though :confused:

I'm building my own pc very soon, and I think I might get that particular mouse.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, when it comes to my old compaq optical mouse, ball is the way to go. If you moved the mouse too fast, It would flip out. Really, a ball mouse is optical too. It has optical sensors inside to sense a moving wheel attached to the rollers in there. If you have the right curface for it to roll on, they can be very accurate. I also want to get a trackball eventually.

8. ...until the rollers get jammed with dirt and the mouse starts jerking all over the place...

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Very true. That's the only reason why it isn't my main mouse...

10. If you get a really good one yes.

But for the money, a ball mouse is more accurate than an optical.

11. really? i've got similar entry level models of microsoft mice, one ball and one optical, and the optical one is MUCH better for gaming. Well, I guess ball mice are just a few dollars, while any decent optical mouse will be around $15 or more.