1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a Peavey Pro 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Dec 24, 2005.

1. yeah, i decided to treat myself this year because i saw one of these for pretty cheap. i got it but now the problem is getting a cab.

i am going to go with just 4 ohms right now and add another 4 ohm to get the 2 ohms later on when i start doing bigger gigs.

so the question is what is a good less expensive cab to buy?

2. www.avatarspeakers.com
    I use a Peavey Firebass 700 with an Avatar B212 DeltaLF and a Peavey 410TX. I am not happy with the Peavey 410TX and will be replacing it probably this week with an Avatar 410 Neo, courtesy a fellow TB'er here. I'll let you know how much of an improvement the Avatar is over the Peavey, its already got the Peavey kicked in the weight department- 65lbs Avatar vs. 90+lbs Peavey. I was GASing for a Pro 500 at one point but I would like a little more power than it offers, how does it sound?

3. Congrats on a great amp ! I still regret trading mine for the SWR 8004. My Pro 500 sounded great paired with an Aguilar GS212, 4 ohm.

For a less expensive option, perhaps an Avatar 212.

My amp had clipping issues when operated at 4 ohms...this was with a loud band. However, at 2 ohms, it never clipped. I'm no longer with the "loud band", and would most likely be ok running the amp at 4 ohms.

FYI, when I ran the amp at 2 ohms, it was the Aggie and (2) SWR Goliath JR 3's. In my opinion, this was the best tone I ever had.

I was all set to purchase the Pro 1600, but Peavey apparently pulled the plug on this beast.

Now I have gas for this amp again ! Anyways, enjoy this awesome amp and keep us posted with your cab decision, as well as a gig report.

4. I always wondered what happened to the Pro 1600 hundred, its in the catalogue ive got but seems not many (if any) were made

I love peavey cabs, gonna get an ampeg 810e for my svt then run that with my whole peavey setup, will be cool :)

5. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Check us out around NAMM. ;)

6. It being brought out again? that'd be cool

Peavey need another all tube bass head :p

7. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Classic 400 reissue anyone?

8. I was all set to purchase another brand, then this happens. Ah well, not gigging again...I guess I can wait patiently...can you give us a little hint? :D

9. I'd hit that