1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got a problem and thinking about Carvin B1500 as the solution

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lucas vigor, Sep 23, 2008.

1. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I am playing primarily slap upright bass in a rockabilly band. We had not previously used a drummer, but now we have one. I need lots and lots of power. I have read the reviews and comments on here about the Carvin B1500.

What I am wondering is, can this be used with a Carvin 1-18 cabinet only? That's all I have right now as an extension cabinet. Will this amp blow that type of 18 inch speaker up? Do I need to have a 2-10 or 4 -10 to supplement it?

PS, I own both the SWR redhead combo and the Carvin clone of the same thing. Both have something technically wrong with them (Cracking sounds after I strike a note) and rather then spend money getting them fixed, am thinking of just upgrading to the B1500. Once I shell out the money for that, it will be a while before I can afford a 4-10 cab. All I have is the 1-18. Will this work for now?

PS number 2....I didn't want to post this is the upright forum...those guys only play classical music it seems, and are not, how shall I put this? "Amendable" to answering questions about a rock rig for upright.

2. It will only blow the cab up if you drive it too hard, which, with that head, is very easy. I would supplement with a 2x10 (at least).