Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a raise!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Apr 1, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Always a good thing - especially in the current economy/job market. It amounts to about... let's see... it's about a 9.25% increase. Seeing as how I hadn't gotten any response from the last four resumes I sent out, this is a pretty fair consolation, I suppose.

I want to go out and buy a new bass to celebrate. Will have to negotiate that one with my better half. Please feel free to post replies in this thread that I can use to convince her that the Peavey Cirrus I want is a relative bargain! (And since my raise is retroactive to the first of the year, my next paycheck will include more than enough back pay to cover it) ;)

2. Congratulations!

My wife was just offered a new job with an 11% increase. I'm going to build a new shed to celebrate.

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    it took me a while to convince her...but my wife and I decided to split the tax return down the middle so we could each have some cash...her response:"yeah...like you need another bass"...well, actually!:D

4. Back when my wife was self employed, we usually got a little bit of a return. We (she) would always roll it over for her first quarter taxes. Then, when she started working for someone else again, we owed a couple of hundred bucks. I never did get to split a return. I got screwed!

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Roark...
    trust me, it took a 3-hour PowerPoint presentation on the benefits for both of in order to convince her;) :D

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    congrats!:bassist:

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    w00t!!!!!

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    That's nothing I got a 34% raise. Let's see, 34% of 0 is still 0. Damn. No new basses for me.

Sorry I'm bored.:D

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i recently got a raise too...

from 6.25/hr to 6.50/hr...

hey its not much but its not bad for a 16 yr old

bp13

10. You are going to pay back all that bread I lent you, right? :p

Congrats on the raise.

Mike

11. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks all! Figured I'd put that new Cirrus down long enough to say that!

Woooohooooo!

:D