1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a raise!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Apr 1, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Always a good thing - especially in the current economy/job market. It amounts to about... let's see... it's about a 9.25% increase. Seeing as how I hadn't gotten any response from the last four resumes I sent out, this is a pretty fair consolation, I suppose.

I want to go out and buy a new bass to celebrate. Will have to negotiate that one with my better half. Please feel free to post replies in this thread that I can use to convince her that the Peavey Cirrus I want is a relative bargain! (And since my raise is retroactive to the first of the year, my next paycheck will include more than enough back pay to cover it) ;)

2. Congratulations!

My wife was just offered a new job with an 11% increase. I'm going to build a new shed to celebrate.

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    it took me a while to convince her...but my wife and I decided to split the tax return down the middle so we could each have some cash...her response:"yeah...like you need another bass"...well, actually!:D

4. Back when my wife was self employed, we usually got a little bit of a return. We (she) would always roll it over for her first quarter taxes. Then, when she started working for someone else again, we owed a couple of hundred bucks. I never did get to split a return. I got screwed!

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Roark...
    trust me, it took a 3-hour PowerPoint presentation on the benefits for both of in order to convince her;) :D

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    congrats!:bassist:

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    w00t!!!!!

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    That's nothing I got a 34% raise. Let's see, 34% of 0 is still 0. Damn. No new basses for me.

Sorry I'm bored.:D

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    i recently got a raise too...

from 6.25/hr to 6.50/hr...

hey its not much but its not bad for a 16 yr old

bp13

10. You are going to pay back all that bread I lent you, right? :p

Congrats on the raise.

Mike

11. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks all! Figured I'd put that new Cirrus down long enough to say that!

Woooohooooo!

:D