Got a skin complaint?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by madfiddler, Apr 16, 2004.

1. I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about that :p. Back problems maybe... I need bass suspenders I think.
  2. I hear the ladies are fond of Guitarist Nipple.

But I think that's because the phrase has Guitarist and Nipple in it, not as much as the skin condition thing.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't even think of trying to play a guitar that way. Those skinny strings, on that part of my anatomy? OUCH!
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    It's not that uncommon for surfers to get that. It can get pretty painful laying on a surfboard in the salt water, too. :(
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    One time I was on a mission trip with a conservative baptist church. We went to Puerto Rico, and were able to go to the beach. The guys had to wear shirts, and the girls had to wear shorts and shirt (they were insane, the church that is). Well, I wore a sleevless ribbed shirt. By the end of the day, my nipples were bleeding, seriously. Hurt like hell.
  6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I get a little skin irritation from playing bass - right under my left nipple on my ribs. Especially if I've been playing a lot. I really get into it and pull the bass toward my body and change the angle at which I hold the neck to accomidate different fretting positions and the top horn rubs against my body. Over the course of a few days the spot where the top horn rubs will get itchy and I'll notice that the skin seems dry there. I get it more from my P bass than I do my Ergodyne (Ibanez). If was to go on a 3 day P bass binge, and wore it extra high - I'd probably get "guitarist nipple" :eek: