Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got a spector bass today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by downstairs, Nov 30, 2002.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I went to mars music, the closing out sale n stuff. I played a Cort bass, the ugly one, an LTD b-305 or something, and this spector bass. The LTD was a 5er and the spector was a 4, both had EMG pickups, I just liked the feel and look and sound of the spector more. Its all cool, its got a blue quilt top, 2 band EQ, 2+2 headstock, its nifty, only paid $349 or something for it, price was $569, so I think it was worth it, yepper, no big X-mas present for me, I'll put up pictures later of it.

2. What model is it?

Got any pics?

3. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    $569? Most likely the bolt on professional series. I own one, nice bass.:)

4. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I think it might be the performance series, like the least expensive ones from lookin on the website, I took off the tag thing that mars has in the store, so I can't remember much.
    http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/performanceseries.html thats what i think it is, its the only one on there that has soap bars in it, either way, its a rockin butt bass, sounds great through my friends peavey fire bass and peavey 4x10, I wanna try it really band through my pod and monster 4x10 and old peavey head, heh.

5. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Yea, you kinda messed me up when you said quilted maple. Your bass is alder. The professional series would be quilted. :)

EDIT: That was my first real bass (I had some almost broken epiphone P copy before that) Its a nice starters bass.:)

6. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    i have a 5er of the pro series...it is a great bass.....my tastes are moving away from the EMG-HZ tho...great bass for rock, slap and the like

7. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    I dig spectors, played a USA one the other day in a sam ashe, whipped some butt.

8. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I know its not a quilted maple, but the top looks like it, heh. Its a great bass for what I play (emo/rock/hardcore). It's got a great neck, and looks really good, I don't have any pictures yet, but I will really soon, yesterday, I bought it, then played it at my show, sounded really good against my guitarist's guitar.