Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a St. Patty's Day gig???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dude, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Heeheee....yah mon!

[​IMG]

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Excuse me while i VOMIT.

The amp, I can handle, the light puke green fender...I cannot.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    No gig, but I'm going to London to with some guitarist and low noter guys from the UKMG newsgroup (uk.music.guitar). I like the others shall be taking an acoustic guitar so we can play and song cheesy covers of Britney Spears, and Spinal Tap et al, in a hijacked pub, while we drink copius amounts of alcoholic beverages, mainly Guiness.

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL...Puss! Not Irish ehhh? I love it!

5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ

Cheers!! :D

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    ...My dad has maybe, a LITTLE bit of Irish in him. my brother says he IS Irish (more french). I still can't dig the green. funny, no other people really have a "Color" to them do they?

EDIT: that can be taken in SOOOO the wrong way. I ment, you don't think of "Purple" when you think off germans do you? Like a color that a whole people are asso. with.

7. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    I would love to have one of those Green amps. Has anyone here actually played one?

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    But.. shouldn't the bass be orange? Here's the color scheme for you: :rolleyes: :cool: Yep, definetly more Irish.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Too cool! Wish I had that rig for my gig at the world famous Swallow's Inn in San Juan Capistrano on St. Patty's Day this year! As it is, I'll have to settle for my old-school thumpanator rig (pic to be posted in the next few days). Fenders and '70 SVT.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Awesome, I've never seen a green SVT rig before! That's what you meant, right? :D :confused: :D

But seriously: I've decided that I gotta get an old SVT head in my collection. Looking forward to a pic of yours.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You got it, Fuzz! That SVT rig is still the world's greatest bass rig, in my book. It ain't green, tho. Mine is a beat up '70 head with original '70 cab. The cab has a funky ol' black grill and, at one point, some genius covered it with the rattiest carpet you can imagine. But man that sucker pumps it out! I'm using two new Fenders for this gig rather than dragging out one of my pre-CBS Precisions (I own two '64's and a '58) or one of my high-end multi-strings because that crowd up there can get really crazy with all that green beer in 'em. The basses are recent MF purchases and were both cheap: '51 Reissue P and AmSeriesJ. The P is strung up with TI Jazz Flats for that old-style thump and the J has SS rounds for the late set funkin'. I can just hear my guitar player now, "Oh Gawd, yer killin' me over here!!!" Heh, heh. :bassist: