1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got a warwick 6 string NT waiting at home

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FNHScar17s, Mar 7, 2016.

1. So my 2004 warwick 6 string NT thumb was delivered today.... still got 4 hours left at work. wife brought it inside; but my impatience is paramount

...supreme blue balls

drool drool drool drool

fender68, Doctor J, Herrick and 7 others like this.
  2. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I bet! lol Congrats!

3. thanks man im pretty excited. gonna get it defretted next month and poly'd gonna rock the roundwounds on it

bass10bfb likes this.
  4. t minus 2.5 hours GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

drool drool drool drool

5. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Go home, take some pics of your new warwick thumb 6 bass and post them here now! I want to see that warwick bass as soon as it's possible!

SpanishDave likes this.
  6. lol i will post one when i get home. the new baby is getting used at band practice tonight. t minus 1 hour and some change you know rush hour traffic and all

7. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    I haven't seen it and I am already super jealous. Congrats, that's my dream bass right there

8. thanks man i have been saving for two years and i found a mint one on ebay bought it the day it went up for 2800. bubinga pommele body, ovangkol neck and ebony fretboard. Thanks you guys i feel the love lol. btw its my dream bass too, your day will come just as mine did, just you wait. keep in mind i had multiple awesome thumbs slip through my hands by being minutes late in response or not having the extra 100 bucks or something crazy like that. Keep saving and keep looking and love will find your hands one day lol.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    fender68 likes this.
  9. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    That's pretty much the exact wood combo too. I've only had the chance to play one broad neck thumb BO and it was so amazing. My heart said yes but my wallet said no :(
    I hope you rock it hard man, I personally wouldn't defret it but it's your bass now. Post them pics when you can I wanna see

10. ohh its getting defretted i have some very high end luthiers around here and a poly fretboard with roundwounds just sings super hard that was the plan all along as i play technical death metal (you know slapping, four finger plucking, two hand tapping, sweep tapping etc comes out better on a fretless). I will post pics here in the next hour or so when i get home.

11. Gotta go to band practice I'll post more pics later. Pics don't even do it justice

Attached Files:

12. Here's some more in a different light next to its new home a fender bass man 1200 pro and fender bass man 810 cab. Sounds shagging ridiculous btw.

Attached Files:

13. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Very nice! looks like my '02 thumb6nt. bubinga pommele body wings, 5 piece ovaangkol neck/ekanga stripes, ebony fingerboard, 3 band mec pre. Very nice basses indeed! I sold mine back in 2009.

here it is:

2002warwickthumbnt6.

sps500 and bass10bfb like this.
  14. If I were to ever buy another 6 again it would be similar to that beauty there

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Flaked Beans likes this.
  15. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    OMG!!!!! Dream rig right there!!!! Wow that has to sound absolutely awesome. I would love to hear the tones you can now get with that rig. Congrats bro; play it and play it hard!!!

16. The tones r ridiculous my friend. I am waiting to fund the defret of this monster will be amazing it's tones are already calling for the fretless.

bass10bfb likes this.
  17. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    I have a fretless Vette 5'er and I know how much of a beast your bass has to be. I have owned 2 Thumbs, but never fretless.... on my want list for sure!!!!!

18. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    I can respect your opinion to make it fret less because of that. Of course everyone knows the Thumb is the best bass for metal lol. When I first heard Ryan Martinie's killer tone I knew the Thumb was for me. As I started looking deeper into it and hearing it in a lot more bands it just sounds like sex. And that 6 string fretless, it does damage. I know everyone here says Jaco is their fretless hero, well mine is Jeroen Paul Thesseling. I think I wouldn't need any basses if I had two thumb NT 6's, one fretted and one fretless. She is amazing and I'm really jealous after seeing her. Congrats man

Herrick and anavar like this.
  19. Thanks for your kind words. I am going for a jaco pastorius, beyond creation, les claypool sound. Done it before with an ibanez I modded to hell with bartolini electronics defretting with roundwounds gave exactly the sound described. I would imagine this bass will excel in every fashion compared to the ibanez once I get bartolini 3 band and bartolini pick ups in this beast. You will find a beauty someday my friend keep your chin up.

anavar and Minirehak 212 like this.
  20. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Hold up, you wanna fuse Claypool, Forest AND Jaco all in one package? My hat is off to you good sir. That's gotta take some skill. I'm keeping my eyes open but I know it's going to be a little while. If you can sound clips would be cool, just adding more fuel for this GAS fire