Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got a Zula bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by truckin88, Feb 17, 2005.

1. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    Well I bought a weird lookign zula 4 string bass off ebay, and let me say I am impressed with fit and finish right off the bat, the setup was excellent, had to adjust pickup height though. The stock electronics play great, but might swap them out for some SD's, the fret job was excellent, the neck is thick maple wood, sorta baseball bad like, makes my p-bass feel like a jazz, and the finish had no noticable flaws. The alder body, is suppose to be light cause of its funky shape but was not much lighter then my p bass, and it is thicker then i imagined. over all for the 150 shipped not a bad buy for a funcky looking p/j. No noticable neck dive either.

Dislikes, the finish finger prints real easy, and he dropped the price compared to what i paid.

they are made by or for mcknight guitars in Arizona (i think they have them made in korea)

And I don't work for them at all, if any one starts to think so, I am in college in PA, I attached a pic, when I get a chance I will post mine.

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    cool lookin bass. What college in PA. I go to drexel in philly.

danman

3. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    King's in Wilkes-Barre

4. Thats a nice looking piece you got there