Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got ampeg b 100 r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 12, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

wow a whole lot of bass this is a real classic works well with the Jack Casady bass. Davidmwillson droped it off to me, great deal cool guy any one else rockin with these. :)

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Hey Kevin,
    glad you like it. Thanks for a smooth transaction and I wish you all the best in your travels and bass playing!

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice amp, enjoy.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I play mine just about every day.

Why, I'm playing it right now, as I clean my oven.

5. MAJOR METAL

do you guys know what the cardboard cylenders are for in the back of the amp in those two round holes , their are 2. Any one put a cart to move theirs.

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    They are ports... part of the design of the cab and very important. Leave them alone;)

As far as moving it, I use a small, lightweight cart. They also have the inserts for optional casters.

7. MAJOR METAL

Brad

Are the cardboard cylenders importent what do they do. One was a littel loose.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    They are very important. If you put your hand in front of them while playing you'll feel the air being pushed out... part of what makes it sound like it does. If one is loose pushing it back in is probably all it needs. You wouldn't want to have them covered while playing, it decreases the performance of the combo.