Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got an Elrick Jazz Bass instead of the F Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Oct 2, 2001.

1. I got the Elrick Jazz Standard 4 stings instead of the F Bass. And also an Eden WT-800, still thinking which cabs to get, it's between these three Eden 4x10XLT, Epifani 4 x 10 or the Ampeg SVT 410HLF. What you guys think?

Check it out.

2. What was the major influence of the Elrick Jazz that swayed you to go that direction instead of the Fbass? Tone, playability, weight, scale of neck, etc or all the above? I've played but do not own an Fbass and loved it. Never had the privilege to try an Elrick yet.

3. Hey, Congrats!!...

Looks great! How much?.......It looks a bit like a Sadowsky huh?......

Eh gimana nih bassnya? Asik ngga? Ntar kalo udah balik...coba2 yah:)

Good luck man!

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Mmmm, tasty. I like my Elrick quite a bit, although I wish it was a bolt on. What pups you have on that? Does in sound very jazz bass like? Is it super light. Tell us more.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I guess you'll be asking Paul to change your user name.

Like wjr5, I'm intrigued why you chose the Elrick over the F, (not that one is clearly better than the other, in my mind). I assume it was sound, but was it the pickups? the woods?...........???

6. O.K sorry guys for not telling you the reason. Don't get me wrong, I loooooved the F bass but a Jazz bass just sounded and felt more right. This instrument is beautiful made and I love the neck. This Elrick is more bright and lively, at least to me, and I've been playing Jazz bass and it just felt right.
    The size, tone, playability, craftmanship just won me over.

7. To Arvid,

Of course we'll check out each other's bass when I get back to Jakarta.

I finally got the Eden WT-800 with Epifani 4 x 10, Arvid, ke rumah gue yah kapan kapan, we'll try out our gears, it will be fun!!!!!!

8. Can't go wrong with an Elrick....:)

9. Aduh....akhirnya ada juga yg bisa appreciate EDEN di Jkt:) Makanya elo cepet balik gih.....:D

10. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    Yep!!! You definitely cant go wrong with an Elrick. I just purchased one not to long ago. I love it. I have played most basses and to me, Elrick basses are top notch. In my book they are the best, number one.

11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Hey Stroy. Is the one you have a picture of, I'm assuming its yours, the same one he had the NAMM show? If it is, I played it and it is INCREDIBLE. It made me buy the one I own now. I was thinking of selling mine because I have other basses that I prefer but I took the Elrick out to a gig last night and remembered why I bought it in the first place. Rob's basses are some of the best.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Smart move, Scott. I almost sold my Lakland the same way but took it on a gig before I got a chance;)

My Elrick is pertty sweet, too.

13. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for the support, Brad... I needed that:D

14. I did not know Elrick made a bass like that. I thought they only had those ones with the body attached to the neck way high up the low string, making them look like classical guitars or something.

F-bass are rather "jazz-like" though, by most accounts.

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Rob has three basic body styles, the new single cut, the NJS (New Jazz Standard) series and the original through necks and bolt-ons.

I've yet to play one that didn't impress the heck out of me.

16. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    Hey Peter Parker...

yes it is one of the ones he had at Namm....A friend of mine picked it up for me. I love it....I have been searching for the perfect bass for me...I thought maybe getting a fodera Emporer II....but I couldn't see myself paying that price. So I got the Elrick.....It is funny though....I can get the same tones out of the Elrick as I can with the fodera. I like it even better than the fodera.

Again it is the best bass I have played and owned. This one is a keeper and is my main bass.

17. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I thought that it was the same one. I would love to have that bass. I think you made a great purchase. I've played MANY Fodera's and none of them played or sounded better than the one you bought. Your's sounds better than mine:( but that's OK. If you do decide to let it that one go(which I'm sure you won't) let me know first.