got another fiddle the other day

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, May 13, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    check this out...two days after my wife's birthday and the day before mother's day, the wifey rolls in the house with a gig i had said that i wanted a bag for my curbow and the wif said cool...well, she's kinda walking funny with this bag and it wasn't floppy, like most of them are when empty. when she said here's your bag, as i was watching the bela fleck dvd, it was sorta hefty. heck, she told me she was going shopping for some maternity clothes...another one on the way and all. unzipped it, and there was a warwick thumb bolt on 5 string. was that cool or what? it was a used jobber, but it had great action, and it sounded awesome. i had commented on how i missed my old thumb 4 banger, and how it would sound really cool with the band i'm playing with now. man, that was the coolest thing. just thought i'd share that with you guys. i'll take some digi-pics of it when i go home...yee haw!
  2. I'm sure you already know that you are one lucky man.
  3. You are one of the luckiest dawgs on the face o' the Earth. Your wife bought you a bass...

...I be jealous. ;)

Enjoy, Nepps.
    Mike J.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you guys just don't know how lucky....even being a trumpet player, she thinks that bass guitars are boat paddles with strings attached to them :eek:
  5. my ol' lady wishes my bass and all related gear would fall into a deep, dark black hole. (i wonder if thats any reflection on my ability to play? naaa, must be something else!)

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    HELLo Neptoon,

Hey, your wife got any sisters...

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You are a lucky, lucky man, Neptoon..
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, 'toon! Cool wives are awesome!:cool:
  9. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Cool, especially after she was so patient with the Curbow. :)

My wife lets me buy basses without (too much) complaint, but she's never bought me one. Well, I take that back, she did get a Fireglo Rick for my birthday many years ago. Guess mine's pretty cool, too. :)

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Not a Lakland, huh? Some wife.

NAW, NAW, NAW ... LOL. Congratulations on the bass, man! And on the wife too, of course.
  11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Great story 'toon! I printed MANY copies of it, and plastered it all over my girlfriend's house, room, and car.:D I think she'll get the hint. Well, I don't know how necessary that was. I think she's about to get me an FBB. I guess I'll need to hang on to her, and maybe she'll be as cool as your wife someday.;) :D

Congrats on the bass and the wife, man!
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

yeah, really...surprised the hell outta me. oh yeah, that money i had been waiting on from the good old us navy...that little cushion i was hoping to use when i bought your curbow? well, it posted i should finally be getting it tonight with my paycheck. is that nuts, or what? oh yeah, i evicted my tenants, and i have a wonderful new couple moving into my house as we speak. what a mess... :D glad to have it finally resolved.

and i think that you were the patient one, my friend.

and yesh, my little redhead is the bomb. she does all these really sweet things when she's pregnant. she's just over 8 weeks with our second. i hope it's a boy. at any rate, this new warwick has a really cool voice with the new band i'm playing in. a nice foil to the curbow. life is good ;)
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

you're a bad, bad man :D

just mebbe it'll work :eek: ;)
  14. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    My wife has never bought me a bass, I guess she would have a hard time picking one out for me.

She did buy me a motorcycle once. That was pretty cool.

I do love her, and it always warms my heart to hear of others who are married to loving and supportive people.

Congrats, Nep.

15. Congrats on the new bass dude - and the wife!!!

My wife got me one for my 30th - a Spector I'd been 'mentioning' now and then for 5 years!!

Times change though - I 'mentioned' to her on the phone today that I've found a good deal - too good to miss on another bass, she went in the huff. I mean what's the problem, I've had the fretless Jazz for at least 2 weeks now???????

Anyway dude congrats on the bass!:)