Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got any Ebay selling tips for 1st time seller??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm going to be posting my new EA CXL-112L on ebay in the next few days, but do you have any advice on how to encourage people to consider my item even though I'm a first time seller? What should or shouldn't I tell about the product?, reserve, no reserve, 'buy-it-now'? payment methods, etc...

thanks.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Tell as much as possible about the piece, flaws and all. It's important to paint as clear a picture as possible. This makes you appear more honest.

Take good pictures.

Respond to all inquiries quickly. I've asked several questions of buyers, and most don't respond. I don't bid if I don't get an answer.

Think of what you really want out of your amp. Set your reserve or beginning bid price lower than this. If the amp is worth more, it will get bid up to the amount you want. Set the starting price to high, and it will never get a bid. I would think that half of what you paid would be a good starting point.

Paypal. Use it.

Try to sell it on TB first. I'm sure all of us here are good for it.:D