Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got any videoclips of yourself?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tuBass, Mar 19, 2004.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    anybody want to share a MPEG of their band playing?
    I'll go first, check out the videos on this page:

EDIT: I removed the videos from that page for copyright reasons, try the links I provided later in the thread.

I designed the web site myself, let me know what you think! go to www.mesquitebible.org

Mark

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I got an iSight not too long ago, and recorded these...

Purple Haze - Michael Manring does this song, I adapted his version somewhat
    www.xaqtly.com/Purplehaze.avi

Toe Wigglin' - This is an original piece, this is just the crash of it, I will flesh it out some more in the future, it's a really dirty haven't-bathed-in-weeks- funk track
    http://www.whmoh.com/stuff/ToeWigglin'.avi

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    couldn't get toe wigglin to load

5. http://www.aporia.no/filer/Hiptobe-low.wmv

I'm very happy for any feedback on the video-editing, since I'm a total newbie in these things...I am pretty satisfied myself, though...:D
    About the band: We are a funk/soulband, but we play lots of covers to earn money....this is one of the songs from our upcoming dvd "release." (We are only making it for fun....) The bassound is terrible - my old Cort ActionBass didn't exactly growl....:D

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I think that looks great! I just got abobe premeire yesterday, so I'm really a newbie.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    We had a guy make a digital video of my last band MERU, with me playing the Warr. But the guy couldn't hold the camera still, and focused on some guy's butt most of the time. There's a couple of good shots of me playing, but noy much - just that guy's buttocks. I imagine most of you won't care to see that. :p

If I can figure out how to turn DVD into mpegs, I might try to clip a few, and post them for ya.

8. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I enjoyed that! I ran the line out of my PC into the input of my SWR WM-12 and my kids were dancing all over the place. Good sounding band!

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  10. Well it's up and running now!

Thanks for the feedback guys! What do you think about the soundmix? I, and some fellow talkbassers, think that it got too much reverb....The soundguys wanna have it that way: they say they need it too get the "live vibe." But I disagree. What do you think?

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Soundwise, you sound fine. The band is rockin' and the singer is cute! I just wasn't diggin' those double stops you were using during the transition. Just play it straight. It takes away from the general groove of the song and it's the song that needs to be conveyed! You guys look really young. What is the age range of the band?

13. Thanks! I agree about the stops.....The drummer could just play the rythm in the bass drum, while playing the groove.
    We are 16-18 years old, the drummer 16, I'm 17 and the rest is eighteen. We are only playing for fun, but we have lots of contacts, so we get plenty of jobs. And as you see, we also get to record some of them with decent equipment:D Most of us go in the same school.

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The 'double stops' I was referring to is a technical term for the '2 note chords' you were playing during the transition into the chorus of the song. Just play the single notes. On that section, the entire sound gets real thin!

15. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
  16. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
  17. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Try it again, For some reason it shortened the link. I fixed it.

18. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    we send an aux signal to the CD recorder. We tried just sending the main mix there, but it sounded terrible, especially before we got the Vdrums. The hardest thing is mixing it special while the main mix is going on at the same time. We use isolation headphones, and those help a lot.
    Glad you liked it, but our frontman is as square and stiff as they come.