Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got Bass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Digo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    I was looking at the store here, i saw the cap that said Got Bass? with the Clef and i really want it bad but im in the uk, would this place ship a cap out to the uk by any chance?

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I was expecting some google video of some sort of robotic bass...

There are a very large number of TB members outside of the US. I'm sure Paul has become familiar with shipping to many of them.

3. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    i really hope he does, sorry for the mistake in the title

thing is would i have to pay him in dollars, cos i only gots pounds

4. Most credit cards will let you buy things from different countries with out having to do a conversion.

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    or Paypal.

6. Pounds, dollars...they're just numbers :) If you're buying with a credit card they handle all that. I've bought from the US and Europe numerous times. That's the joys of credit cards.

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ve had caps and t-shirts shipped to Iceland, so shipping to the UK is no problem.

And yes, just use credit card or paypal.

8. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    if i was to pay via credit card, how much british pounds would i pay you for the cap?

9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    It depends on the exchange rate at the time the transaction goes through. It would be roughly half the amount you see in US dollars.
    1 british pound = 2 US dollars + shipping, of course.

10. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    one more question, how would the transaction be done, do i submit my info to the internet about my details or is there some guy with a swipe at my door :p ? and can the cap be guranteed to fit my head LOL!!!!

11. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    in fact im ok, i cant really spare £21.50 and thats the final price after shipping

12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    1. You don´t submit your info to "the internet", the info goes to the TB store.
    2. There will be no guy swiping your card at the door, it will just be delivered.
    3. These caps are "one size fits all" caps.

13. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    ouch

40 bucks for the cap?

Sorry to hear that man...

14. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    yeah its like 36 dollars which is 21 ponds and i just cant spare that atm

15. Why not just get one made up? There are loads of places that print hats and t-shirts...that might be cheaper.

16. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    it is but im not sutre if they print images at this place i know, i think it MIGHT ony be text