1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got Bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Wearing TB colors at last night's gig!

[​IMG]
    (Guest photographer unknown: a friendly bar patron)

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That picture looks kinda freaky because you cant see anyones head!

Ooo and I really like ur bass ;)

3. I agree w/ kirbywx. Its hard to tell exactly what they were taking a picture of. On the other hand, very expressive!

P.S. Product placement?

4. Fuzzbass

Yes! Probably a bit too subtle because the bass is in yo' face, but I am in fact promoting the TalkBass T-shirt I recently purchased (note that this is not the one I won a few weeks ago in the weekly drawing!)

Full disclosure: I am receiving *no* compensation of any kind for promoting either myself or Fender Musical Instruments Corporation or TalkBass.com.

5. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    On a completely different note... Like Q# or something...

I noticed you are wearing your watch while you play. Do you do this all the time? I can't stand wearing a watch while I play even though I wear one all other waking hours of the day. It feels awkward to me.

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Roscoe Beck...

i want one so bad i might jump to a store grab one and leave... but that would be wrong (is it?) :D

7. Fuzzbass

Heck, not much topic to stray from. I am happy to field the question. :)

Yes, I wear my watch when I play. I don't like to do so, especially because I sweat a lot, but I'm the unofficial timekeeper of the band... AKA, "pain in the butt". See, I love to play: I always like to start and finish the sets on time. It's not like the other guys are irresponsible, but they'll sometimes take an extra 5 minutes, or longer if I don't chase 'em down (depends on where we're playing).

To be fair: the other guys sing and I do not, so I've got it easier than they do.

Anyway, nice of you to point that out. I could just keep my watch in my pocket!