Got Dumped, Got major GAS!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 13, 2001.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I got a major gas attack today, my sweetie decided to call it off with me, so to cheer me up my closest friend took me to MARS. I dont know about you guys/girls, but when I get dumped the purchase of new gear helps to cheer me up a bit. I went out and finally bought the ampeg svp-pro preamp, and a used Carvin v-410 bass cab I saw at a smaller local music store. I should buy a power amp to go with it, but I dunno just yet what one I want. Someone pass me a tums before I go
  2. Hey..

when you got a sweet bass, who needs a girlfriend ? just take a look at bass man.. try finding a girl with those curves :D I even named my bass.. my current bass is called Charlotte, and my new EDB600 will be called Christine... sick eh ? :D
  3. Hey cassanova, how much did the SVP and the 410 cost?

As for a power amp, I think some people here like Mackie stuff, I guess thats worth a shot. The Carvin poweramps are relatively cheap, but I dunno how good those are.
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    all this bass stuff is probally cheaper than a new girlfriend anyway.
  5. with a pre-amp you need a power amp..a pre-amp alone will not power speakers...qsc, mackie, crown,carvin are all good choises.. btw,congrats....I think ;)
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

not too sick imo, i named my Fender Amanda after my now ex girlfriend....Its got alot of bottom end like she
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I paid $300 for the v 4x10 it was used, and on consignment in a local shop. So I bought that to put under my Carvin RL 4x10, so now I have a 4 ohm load.

An old friend of mine is a manager at MARS, so I got a very sweet deal on the svp-pro, only $575.

Im not sure of what power amp I really want, Im still trying to decide if it'll be better sounding with an all tube or solid state pwr amp. All I know is that Id like it to be around 400 watts, this should be enough power to push both 4x10's effectivly.
  8. Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    The worlds greatest lover, dumped?
  9. well, since hes such a cassanova, i doubt he'll have much trouble finding another lady :D
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    S**t happens Reid. even to the worlds greatest lover *rolls eyes*

I dont wanna find another lady just quite yet jrthebassguy. Im gonna let GAS have its way with me and just focus ALL my energy on my bass playing and song writing. This way when she walks into a packed club Im playing, I can dedicate a ballad I wrote about her, to her, and let her get a taste of what I was going through.
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    no offese cassa but that just made me think of American Pie when the lacrosse dude is in the SUV w/the college chick & said "They call me Nova as in Cassanova" sorry i'm spacy :D Enough GAS will cure all your problems-if it works for you how it does for me i get kinda glazed over & nothin else matters much when i'm droolin over Ampeg Stacks, thinkin bout Fenders for traditionals & Warwick for 6s ::homer voice on:: ahhh thats the stuff:: homer voice off:: ;) :D
  12. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    is this a good deal my girl freind plays bass and like doenst care when i buy all this bass **** and dont buy her any thing.cause she ends up using it.thank god i only 15.hey when you like get maried and get like devoice does the wife get half of the bass gear.
  13. NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The G.A.S part is cool, let caution be thrown to the wind. But, the part about writting *HER* a song?
    She dumped you, correct? Now, if you see her, ignore her! I don't get mixed up in other's Romantic dealings, but a long time ago, a very good friend ( who was getting divorced and has since passed away) told me: Good living is the best revenge!
    There's no need to be cruel, but remember: With women, everything is backwards! If you write her a song, let it be similar to to E.L.O.'s "Evil Woman."
    Carry no torch M'lad, it'll just burn you!

Mike J.
  14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    My g-friend always tells me to not have any children, just buy expensive basses!! they're cheaper and cause fewer headaches. So I'm down to two babies the quilt fretted is Marilyn and the walnut fretless is Liz.
  15. My girlfriend (who is leaving me for TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)
    loves the bass, especially when i play her some floyd or doors or some original tunes.
    I've a really freaky one w/delay
  16. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Location that's why I got all this schtuff :) .

Come to think of it, I did sorta' go bonkers G.A.S.-in' after
    the DEE-vorce...7 basses, 1 combo, 2 heads, 2 cabs,
    ump-teen Monster cables, God only knows how many
    sets of strings "experimentin' ", new home stereo w/powered
    sub-woof-woof, about 80 CD's, a new laptop (for TB'n ;) ),
    new 32" TV, minidisc recorder...

Ya' think I over-compensated for the double-neck Ric and
    Pre E/B `Ray...just a tad? :p
  17. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    You are correct sir...Oh I have been ignoring her, I didnt answer her email she sent me, havent returned the one call she left. They say absense makes the heart grow fonder, but I go with the outta sight outta mind theory....Im not a huge ELO fan but I know of the tune you mentioned, its gonna be kinda along those type of lines, I wont give her the satisfaction of knowin she got the best of me. Like your friend said, "Good Living is the Best revenge" and it wouldnt hurt to have some pretty little honey with me when she see's me play out....hehehe