got fired from work today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mind Eroded, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i worked at Subways(the sandwich place)..and got canned for calling the manager's wife a bitch..apparently people take that offensively these days or something...she had been breathing down my neck for a while and it actually felt good for a few moments before i realized i was only about 300 bucks away from buying a MIA jazz bass, after saving up for it for months. Finding a job when your 17 is pretty hard in brooklyn, the low end positions are mostly taken by illegal immigrants which leaves people like me out in the i'll probably consider a '62 reissue or those HIghway 1 series jazz do they stack up?..i know people will say "look through the TB databases and you'll find info about it" but im too damn lazy so im posting this thread.any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, about the basses, that would be much better served in the basses forum. The rest, you can go HERE
  3. Man,that sucks you got fired...Work can be a stressful place. Atleast you went out with a bang right?

Right before you left...yuo shoulda left the wife a "Special" sub with lots of "special" mayonaise. If you catch my drift...;)

Well...I think yuo shouldn't settle for a Highway or a Reissue,save up and get what you want(the American)

Well..atleast you don't have alot of bills to pay,because then...that'd really suck.

I like Subway too:meh: Bastards...:)

Anyways...Can I ask why you called her a B.I?

Take care man...

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Where have you been?

By the way, the miscellaneous forum is for music related topics. You can spew bile in OT.
  5. basically, she was bossing me around since day 1 and didnt have a particular liking for me either(i think its cause i came into work everyday with rock/metal shirts before putting on the cheesy uniform)shes one of those really uptight women who yell at you for the slightest things and even bosses around her husband anytime that shes there..i never took lip from her..i wouldent be able to live with myself if i did. Anyway man..if you saw the way all the food is made and shipped, i doubt you would wanna eat it(trust me)..lets just say Jared has some hidden tricks up his for the bass, i'll try getting the extra 3 beans by looking for another job and maybe even selling my current bass..a *cough* carlo robelli *cough* to rasie some extra money..but i agree i think i should do whatever it takes to get that MIA J-bass ive been drooling about...
  6. ugh...thats crap dude.

Well,Its cool you didn't let her walk all over you...I would of:meh:

An Idea to raise the money to get that bass is sell drugs...I mean,you live in Brooklyn;)

take it easy man,Good luck with the bass

7. Man, that's gross, you should have taken a dump in a sandwich, put sauce on it, and call it a meatball grinder. Less gross, but more effective.

8. haha...more orignal too...

Piss on the bun,and say it was vineager or oil or whatever:)

or all 3!!!:p

9. cetecea

Dec 18, 2001
    Gee, a lazy teenager that calls his boss a bitch got fired. Will wonders never cease? Poor kid, I hope you live through it..:rolleyes:
  10. Shave over it, and call it seasoning. Also, sneeze on it.
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

This is going nowhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.