Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got invited to Mesa/Boogie for an interview. Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    As some of you know, I've been involved in the interview process with Mesa/Boogie for the last few weeks. It seems that I am moving along ok here, because they just called me in for a meeting with the Vice President and the Worldwide Director of Sales tomorrow at the factory! Woo! I'm amped up!

John (Sales Director) mentioned that he may be looking at me for a position in customer service or artist relations, rather than the Sales Manager position that has opened up. That's still a possibility, but it gives me hope that it looks like they are trying to find a place for me regardless of whether I am a good fit for the Sales Manager position or not. Now I've got to plan some things to tell them tomorrow - ideas to help increase communication & confidence to dealers, stuff like that. Too bad I've never had a job like this - it's hard coming up with ideas for a job you've never had before! Time to make some phone calls!

Gah!! I've got to get myself a haircut and some decent clothes! Can't got in there looking like Brendan or something; they'd turn me away before I get in the door.

2. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry about deleting your post there, 3 crotch grabs. I realized that in my excitement I forgot how to spell.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ben -

Good luck, and if it's any help, feel free to use me as a reference!

Gard

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good luck ya weirdo! Seriously, good luck!

5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    That's awesome man! :D Good luck!

If you get the job you'll give us good deals on stuff, right? ;)

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Awesome! Good luck Benjamin! If you get the job, could you arrange for a couple of 4x10 Powerhouse cabs to "go missing" from the loading dock? My M-Pulse 600 is lonely... ;)

7. get in line, pal. i already offered benny odd a tie for his job interview.

8. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ

I have a pair of loafers I'll trade for an MPulse 600+. :D

9. :spit: :spit: :spit:
    HAHA!
    well, i just found out Mrs. Crotch Grabs is loaning her fashion know-how to benjamin's clothes hunt this afternoon!

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Be sure to use phrases like "thinking outside of the box" and "utilization of resources". Business types love it, cause then they think you're part of the same club that mindlessly reads Forbes and dreams about money, and they'll start inviting you to play golf with them.

After that, you're in like Flynn. :D

11. Witty are we? :smug:

Brendan is gonna own you now.

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

I almost written it off for you. Good luck man!!

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Even though they are buisiness men you should remember that they are musicians and music fans and probably arent all that uptight.

Clean yourself up but dont go in there looking like a total tightbutt.

15. girlybassplaya

girlybassplaya Guest

Mar 24, 2004
    USA BABY!
    Well. your email must have been a convincing one! Good Job Benji! I'm proud of you! :hyper:

16. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Gah! I just discovered that the jerk who smashed my parked car last week gave me a flat tire too! I took it in to get fixed, and dropped it off so it would be ready for tomorrow's afternoon appointment. Then I get a voicemail saying they want to bump me up to 10 AM! The place doesn't open until 9, and Boogie is an hour away. Not good, not good, not good.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Hope you get the job and you like it.