Got Love?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Kneehimiah, Oct 4, 2005.

1. This is somewhat an off-shoot of a thread that I saw elsewhere in TalkBass. I accuse many a horn player of it. The lyric to the song went something like:

Looking for love in all the wrong places
    Looking for love in too many faces

I think that it is a pathetic waste of time to bring love-depravity onto the bandstand, yet we all see it happen all the time (from profiling with little eye-winks, through extended-chorused solos, to leaving the bandstand to ham it up at the bar during a tune). Garnering applause is akin to the real deal (love) in the minds of some, and I really think that many people view it as such. I love showing up on a gig, doing my best-putting it all out, leaving it out there, and going home. It's not quest for power type stuff to me. I appreciate my audiences and hope they feel the same way. I have a good fan base in the Atlanta area and throughout the southeast. I just don't think that, sniff sniff, that we should let Sally Fields onto the bandstand. Too often she finds her way up there.

P.S. It's jam session night, and I'm on the gig.
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    We're in the entertainment business, and as occasionally we let ourselves slip and consider ourselves arteests, making it easy to forget what we do, this is what we do.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Until I got married, I completely existed onstage to look for love and depravity. Mostly depravity.