Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got me a free bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kitcar765, Feb 8, 2006.

1. i was at school today and i was looking in the woodwork store cuboard for some hindges, in the corner under a load of wood and and stuff i saw a guitar case. after a little digging i mannaged to pull out the case and the guitar inside, and lo and behold theres a bass. its a headless bass with a single humbuck pickup and its fretless, i think someone must have made it for their final project. after looking at the paper inside the case i found a name, after i e-mailed him, he said i could have it. score! a free bass!!! im sure its probably not the highest quality bass i have ever seen but its still worth something becouse of the parts. anyone got any other similar stories of free basses?

2. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Cool!
    But no picture no bass
    Please show us

3. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    No stories here, but would sure like to see your bass (before I say 'congratulations')!

4. i will have to put some pictures on (once i figure out how to) its baby blue with a double cut away body the tuning keys are at the bottom and are the same type you would expect to see on a fender (large clother leaf keys). i havent had much time to have a good look at it yet (only e-mailed the guy today) but once i get it home i will get soem pictures up.

5. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    I got a free MIJ Bullet bass one time from a friend who was throwing it out. He had pulled the frets out a long time ago and it was is bad shape. I took it home, cleaned it up, refilled the fret slots, sanded the fretboard down, refinished it, played it awhile, and sold it. I miss the neck on that one.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A headless with fender tuning keys, heh, interesting.

7. probably has tuners on bridge end...there's been basses made that way before...ugly as sin, but it works...

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would just took a Steinberger bridge from a project bass on ebay

9. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    I got my MIM Fender P by helping one of my unlce friends, move out. I saw the Bass their and he said that if I move the dresser down I can have it. He lived on the 5th floor, that night my back hurt like a mother!@#$%&. But I got my Fender.

10. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    We're still waiting!!!:)

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yep, I hope to see this one, it sounds interesting!

12. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Come on let's get those pictures up!!! Also can you post a small review on how it sounds and stuff? Congrats on the new bass!

:hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

13. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    [​IMG]

14. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    BUYP!

15. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Let's have 'em!

16. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I want to see pics. Borrow, no better yet steal a digital camera and get some pics up.:D

17. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    maybe he should look in the electronic labors of his school. im sure he find an digital camera that someone build once...

18. RyansDad

RyansDad

Jan 31, 2006
    Tolland, CT
    New aquisition stories without pics are like coffee without the caffeine.

I hate waiting...

19. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Hah! Mind if I save that for other threads?