Got me a Korg PX3B Pandora

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Sep 17, 2001.

1. I went and picked up a Korg PX3B this weekend and love it! If anybody is looking for a small headphone amp and all-purpose practice tool give the PX3B a good look.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The tuner drive you out of your mind yet? :D

(It is an indispensible unit for practice).

Man,'re really forking out the bucks these days!!! Did the meth lab pay off big? ;)
  3. I have been selling my old stuff to buy the new stuff. I sold my old rig, my jazz bass, and an Ampeg B-50R combo. Thats why I went with Carvin, because it's cheap. (though I wouldn't trade it for anything)

I think I'm totally set now as far as gear goes. The only other thing I can see myself buying is a second bass but that won't be for a good while.

I don't think I've tried the tuner yet. Is it a pain?
  4. What's the problem with the tuner?
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The typical cheap tuner problem - the digital "needle" jumps all over the place. Korg makes some excellent tuners where you can just hit a string any old way you want and the needle locks in instantly.

At least they included one with the Pandora. That's more than I can say for other personal practice units.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, I've found the tuner in my PX3B to be pretty easy to work with. Now my Sabine RT-1601 on the other hand is a complete P.I.T.A. :mad:
  7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I just got one of these, too. Pretty nifty little gadget. Gonna see if I can lift a few Prestia licks with the record function. I just need to get a cable.

They display is a little too tiny though for as much is going on. Too bad it doesn't come with a belt clip.

I have a buddy that left his batteries in too long and they leaked. The thing is toast now.
  8. Hey, a belt clip would be a great idea! I think I may put some velcro on the back of it and attach it to my strap somehow. It is the ultimate practice device.

I was thinking about getting one of those little walkman CD players, then I would be totally mobile.
  9. I started playing in March of '99 with no previous music experience. I've got a great teacher and good jamming buds, but the drum rythms in the Pandora have been the standout learning tool for me. I don't see how it's possible to develope as a bass player without a drum machine. The metronome just doesn't swing it enough for me. Add in the headphone option and the CD input and Pandora is the best deal going.
  10. Oh yeah, the belt clip or velcro is a must. My Pandora has crashed to the floor about a hundred times.