1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

got me a new ESP, LTD.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basseddie, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Since turning my mim jazz into fretless, i had an excuse that i could not play it well yet, so i went bass shopping the other day, and picked up a esp ltd b-205. Got it for 750 cnd and this thing is really a nice bass, well made,nice red finish and emg pups and active eq. It has a narower string spacing than the jazz, which i like.
    I didnt like the strings that were on it so got me a set of dean markly flats, and man through my peavey firebass 700 and 410 cab, this thing thunders!! Already thinking of a third bass, probably around christmas.
    Any one else use these basses??

eddie:D :D

2. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    My first bass was an ESP LTD B-204. Very well made for the $$, and it sounded great. Sold it to a friend after about a year (traded up for an MIA P-bass), and she's been gigging with it for the past six months.

3. Those things really play like butter, and with the EMG's they sound like I want too.

The B205 is the bolt-on, right?

Always wanted to try a 305 or an F-205...both nice basses, 305 is neck thru. I think the F205 and B205 are exactly same in specs, just different body shapes.

Congrats! Whats next on the list?

4. I have an ESP F-205 that i recently got defretted. I got it new for $450. Not bad, huh? Yeah, this things kicks for the price, though personally, i love my Spector much more. hehe :p

5. Hey PantaraFan, yes the neck is a bolt on. The store did not have a 305 in stock, so I do not know if it is a neck through. Cant seem to find the difference on the esp website, but the list price is like 200 bucks more for the 305.
    Whats next???... i dunno.... Im sure something will come up, thinking about building one of those warmoth gecko basses with the 35" neck.
    I was thinking of that peavey cirrus 5, but really didnt want to spend that kind of bread right now.
    eddie:D