1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got me a Peavey BAM 210, and Peavey Service Dept. praise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jakelly, Apr 29, 2010.

1. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I actually bought it non-working for cheap, not knowing what was wrong with it. But it was pretty much complete, just missing some chassis screws.

I shipped the chassis to Peavey back in March, and although they had a lot of work stacked up and it took several weeks to get it on the workbench, once they did, it went lightning fast. They called on Tuesday and said it was finished. Got it today, just two days later. A little less than $100 to fix, and that included parts, labor, and the freight back to me (they also found me some original-type chassis screws)! I thought it was outstanding service.

The amp is going to be fun to learn to use. I just downloaded a manual for it. Been playing around on it. Lots of features.

I wish I would have thought to ask Peavey about a foot switch for it.:eyebrow: Probably a dealer item, if its still available. I checked ebay, none there currently.

2. WINGS012345

WINGS012345

Dec 7, 2009
    They dont make those footswitches anymore. I owned a couple BAM 2/10. They are lots of fun. I just returned a BAM head to Sam Ash. Bought it brand new two weeks ago. They had one (NOS). cost me 869.00. I saw an SVT on Ebay and decided to return the BAM to Sam Ash. They are nice. many features. Best way for you to get a foot switch is to offer someone who has one like $100. Two Bams are on Ebay now. Most people dont think to care about the footswitches, but with the BAM it's a must. you can program 16 different amp/cab models. Also, search craigslist for people selling BAMS around the country and offer to buy the foot switch only. Thats how I got mine. They dont sell fast so people give in. Good luck

3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    The footswitch was a MIDI device. This means that you can control all the functions on the BAM if you can find a standard programmable MIDI controller. The MIDI commands are in the manual.

4. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Woo hoo! After weeks of watching ebay, I finally got the PFC 4B foot controller for $75 plus shipping (I don't have it yet, I just won it yesterday). It was advertised as being new-old stock, but it did not have the midi cable, so I ordered one yesterday from my local Peavey dealer.

Looking forward to experimenting with this.

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Good luck.. let us know how you like it.