Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got me a Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Oct 14, 2000.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

I ordered a natural finish Warwick Streamer LX5 on friday.
    I tried some warwicks here and there and was always imppressed with them.
    and you can't get better bass than Warwick in where I live, maybe except for the high end Yamahas.

I also got a great deal- 1025$
    only downside is that I'd have to wait up to 3 months 'till the guys in Deutchland complete it, can't wait!

btw, I'd love to get some feedback from all the Warwick users out there!

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have a Thumb bolt on fretless, wonderful instrumet, I have also run out of free time on my phone/provider see ya.

3. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Were did you order your warwick from I was going to order a Streamer LX in any color and it would be here in 2 weeks from http://www.music123.com

4. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

Cool CS, you gotta love that punch the Thumb puts out!

as for you, Bassman, I live in Israel and the national Warwick distributer is some 15 mins. of driving from my house (hehehehe).
    it's called Music Center and they don't have all models in stock, sometimes they got about 12 warwicks in stock and sometimes as few as 4.
    so mine is ordered from the factory in Germany and is given a built period of 3 months max.

anyway, I belive Music123.com holds a stock of Warwick basses (maybe even in more than one state for faster shipping) and therefor you will only need to wait the shipping period while my bass is still a maple log in Warwick's wood stock in Germany and I have to wait untill they make a masterpiece axe out of it.

5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Congrats! Welcome to the world of wood! You got a helluva deal on a helluva bass. I have the Masterman 5 and I paid $900 for it NEW, but your bass is a bit better (IMO). I hope your Warwick brings you as much joy as my Warwick has brought to me.

6. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Congrats on your Warwick!! I love my FNA JazzMan 5 and I'm sure you will love your Warwick too. They are great instuments.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I find it strange that you/they need to wait for it to be built, unless it is a custom spec. Warwick are producing huge numbers of these instruments every month and the shops in London have literally hundreds of them. Even my local shop in Brighton has about 15 - 20 Warwicks including Streamer LXs.

If I went into 2 or 3 shops in London I could pick every type of Warwick Streamer LX (4,5 and 6 in each colour)off the wall to try, and take the one I wanted home with me that day.

I like the Warwick sound, but have found that I can't get on with the necks which are too thick (front to back) for me and make my wrist ache after only a few minutes. They were supposed to be making some LXs with wider, flatter necks (5 and 6-strings), but I haven't seen any of these in the shops and when I have asked, have been told I would have to order one from Germany - so this is maybe the only reason I can think of for the delay?

8. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

Thank's Mo'Bass (have you the new amp?).
    Rojo: both the Masterman and the LX5 are made of grade A flamed maple and feature gold hardware so I guess the only feature missing in the Fortress is the curved back and there are people who don't like it so it's a matter of taste. the pickup config is yet a matter of taste too.

and Bruce, the store (which is btw, the national distributer of Warwick products)told me that Warwick's production line focuses on a certain line(s)of basses every once a few months depending on demand so if what I chose is not currently on the "menu" then I'll have to wait 2-3 months but if they are currently working on a batch of Streamer LXs then mine can be here in 1.5 months max.
    also bear in mind that Israel is not a member of the European Union so bringing a bass to here is much slower and costy than to the UK.

9. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I'm still waiting for it to arrive in The Netherlands. Should be here any day. I've been waiting since I ordered it in April (almost six months ago) so I can imagine how you must feel. Try not to think about it too much, it will only make the three months seem even longer.

10. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

cool, Mo'bass

I'm going to Holland later this year cos my aunt and uncle live there with their kids and I'd like to know where is the store you ordered your amp from? I'm actually working out a plan to get me a new amp to complement the new Warwick (last time in the NL I couldn't find a decent music store).

anyway thanks for the tip. I hope you already know you'll have to give everyone on the amps board a comprehensive review when the SWR arrives ;-)

11. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    ok, Music Center faxed Warwick today and they informed them that my bass will leave the factory on 15 of Dec.

12. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Air_leech, it's cool you're coming to Holland!

The store I ordered it from is Eindhoven Musical Instruments, and it is located, well, in Eindhoven (duh). It's not a very big store but they can order anything you want. All imported stuff is getting more and more expensive here in Holland because of the very high Dollar value.

I was hoping somebody else would review the Mo' Bass in the amp section because it's already available in the USA. Guess I'll have to do it myself...

[back to topic :)]
    What kind of amp are you looking for to complement your new Warwick?

13. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    If I'm buying in Holland then it's a head for sure. with a combo the custome officers will catch me in the airport, a head I can "smuggle" in the luggage.

I belive I'll get a RB700(transperent sound with biamp) or Bass350(endless tone options)(the SWR is probably much higher in price) but I might just 'break' and go out to buy the demo Trace 715 combo I seen for special price in a local store here.

14. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    I looked in your profile Mo'bass and noticed you have a Trace head, I wonderd if you will be selling it when the new one arrives? if so for how many guilders?

15. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Yep, I'm going to sell it when I get my Mo' Bass. There are somethings wrong with this amp though, so I want to have it checked out by my local amp tech. And it's really heavy (+25 kg's) so customs might catch you. Don't know about the price yet, i want to be sure its 100% OK first.