Got me an MXR M-80

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TJBass, Feb 15, 2003.

1. What a pedal! I actaully like all the sustain it gives my jazz in distortion mode. And it really throws some bottom end in in the effect mode, and a great eq to boost. Any use one of these to split your signal between the PA and your stage amp?
  2. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I did, until it died 37 days after I bought it. Now I use the fishman pro-eq, and I like it a lot better. IT doesn't have the distortion, but the EQ is much better, and it doesn't add noise to the PA.
  3. Although this thing sounds great on my Crate BX50 practice amp, it really blows on my Carvin R600 and 410 Avatar cab. I found it hard to keep from clipping the amp. Ran it through the effects loop, bypassed the Carvin pre-amp thru the amp return, and ran it inline to the Carvin input jack, all of which had negative results. The EQ had too much boost in too short an adjustment, if you can understand that. The distortion was not usable as it was on my Crate. Worked great when I ran it to the PA alone tho. So after a short re-evaluation I find it not necessary so back it goes:bawl: