Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got Mojo?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mickey Shane, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Well, I just finished primping and preparing to leave for the club gig tonight, and I noticed that one of my two gold dollars with Sacajewea(sp?) on it was missing. I did find it in the mess on top of my dresser, but I started wondering (as I slipped the two dollars into my pocket) if I was placing too much emphasis on my good luck charms, or do they really work?

Does anyone else carry on in such a superstitious fashion, and will they still work now that I've told people about them?

Gotta run...

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    man, im irish, take it from me, good luck chamrs only work if you make them work. So basically they require your input. (this is gonna be a drunken discussion lol) If you dont try, you cant expect them to play the bass for you, but to some people they give confidence and help them, thats how i see it anyway.

*wanders off* now where are me lucky charms????

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Personally I think that the more I pracice, the luckier I get.

4. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Hey dudes, thanks for chiming in. The gig went well (we got asked back). I don't know if the mojo helped or not, 'cause I didn't play w/o it.

I'm Irish too.... cheers!

5. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i'm not superstitous,but i do believe in charma.what comes around ,goes around. i believe if one does the right things in life,for the most part good things come back to the person.BUT,if one does foul things to others or self,then that comes back to.now that i live my life more spiritually(not religious)i get back better rewards as when i was getting high and drinking,i hurt others and self.and that always came back on me 10 fold.i am not a religious person,and thats what gets poeople confused with spiritualality,its a whole different topic,one is about studying or living a certain belief system,while the other is about living ones life more centered around doing right by others and self,and being less self centered.so when i act self-less i create my own "luck",i prefer to call it charma.so do right by others,someones always watching you:eek: