Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got muff?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Jun 24, 2005.

1. hello punters,

i was in a music shop today trying out some pedals and they had a big muff, i'd heard a bit about them on hear so thought i'd give it a crack. then i find out its not actually a bass pedal but it still sounded pretty decent. is there a big muff bass pedal or is everyone just using the same one???

Cheers,
    Chips :bassist:

2. No, as of now, EHX has never made a bass-specific pedal. Actually, I dont think they have ever made a bass-specific pedal (you COULD include bassballs, but they also have soundclips of guitarists playing them too). Most of EHX's pedals will work good with either guitar or bass. On these boards, the Muffs usually get rave reviews, especially by one member (you know who you are -cough::typlons::cough). To get alot of bass out of the Muffs, just be sure to keep the tone knob on the left...the "leftier" it is, the more bassier it will sound.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    No, there's not a Big Muff for just bass. A Big Muff's a Big Muff's a Big Muff. They sound really good on bass and guitar.

And what's a punter?

4. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Owned one, destroyed it, sold it. Great sounding pedal. I'm after another Fuzz right now, as I've got the grit overdrive with my Guv'nor.

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i'm a fan of the double muff...actually, i've only just started using the second part of the doubleness...i just figured out how to control the volume. :bag:

6. cheers guys. im going back next week when i get paid to buy it. the guy also set up th bassballs and a cry baby. playing the bass balls and controlling the cry baby got some greasssyyyy funk. whats with wahs being so expensive?! im gonna put the other 2 pedals on lay by and pay them off. will be a good start to my effects collection after only ever having a zoom 506 crappy thing. thanks again fellas.

Peace,
    Chips:bassist: