Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Jan 12, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    today i went and picked up my new tri210l

i have it matched brdged mono with my eden wt-600 amplifier

this cab is amazing...its so nice to actually here the true sound of my basses ( furlanetto studio 5 string and a rob allen 5 string mb-2)

the cab weighs less than my 4 space rack gear stuff....

i can go on on about this thing, but i am gonna go play it instead

i will post pics asap!

thanks (i know i dont post here much, but i read alot of it)
  2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Congrat! :bassist:

I'm looking forward to a review.
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Thats one of my favorite cabs. congrats!
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Wow, the Tri 210L's just keep on coming...

5. Hey congrats, MODNY! With luck Mark will be shipping my new cab today, so I still have a few days to wait... Arrrgh.

*bites fingernails*
  6. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Mark's speakers have added completely new dimension to my enjoyment of playing. I have had the good fortune to take delivery this past moday of a whappo jr. lightly used by "Access Adrian" Garcia (thanks again!). I have been enjoying playing my Acmes and curious to hear the difference. I was sitting near the cabinet but off axis when I plucked the first note and dropped my jaw. I still can't nail down with words exactly how GOOD this cabinet sounds but I'll try a few phrases: Crystal clarity. There is an incredible presence and airy quality to the high end like I have never heard. I think part of the secret is having two tweeters. Definition!!! I also was delighted to hear how the "girth" is inceased playing the D & G strings. I give up; these speakers have to be heard to be believed. I'm looking to playing volume for the first time this weekend :bassist:
  7. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Modny, congrats on your new cab!

Just received my second Whappo Jr. yesterday, so I guess I'm in the "new Accugroove parent" club, too. :D

I didn't realize how much variation there could be among power amps rated similarly, but once I moved from a liberally rated 900 watts to a conservatively rated 800 watts, my Jr. *REALLY* showed me what it could do. Mein Gott!

I had my second Jr. on order at this point, when I realized that I really didn't *need* a second one. Ah well, I set out to put together a setup that would never leave me wanting for more, and wound up with one that's likely to have me begging for mercy. My earlier misconception gives me a great rationalization and excuse for the decadent overindulgence that is my new setup: Two Whappo Jr.'s! :hyper:
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Congrats, everyone! Bet 2 Jr.'s rock, secretdonkey. Glad to hear Adrian's Jr. found a good home, spiritbass. I talked to him a bit about buying that myself, early on.

I'm gigging my Jr. this Saturday night...again. Killer single cab. Nice match with the EA iAmp 800, I must say. :cool:
  9. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Exactly how loud and big gigs can a single tri210 manage with the right amount of power? With and without PA support?
  10. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i still haven't had the chance to turn it up loud, but even when i had my eden cabs, the sound guys at shows were always telling me to turn down my stage volume...

so yea, its pretty loud, and it can handle it

alot of people say that these cabs dont produce alot of low end, maybe they dont, but they are not boomy , they have niece clean deep clear bass
  11. dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    HEY!! HI THERE!!! I am interested in what you have to say here! Accu TRI210 & ACME 2x10 cabs are at the top of my shopping list.
    If you can spare a mo to describe the sounds of these cabs, I would very much appreciate it.

I currently play hartke 4.5xl cabs.
  12. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    first of all i love this cab because it is feather light, if i have to i can one hand it

the definition of sound this cab produces is amazing, no speaker farting, or weird sounds/loud frequencies coming from the cab

its a full range cab, you could even play guitar in it if u really wanted to

it has the accu-control thing, where u can switch between 8 and 4 ohms with the flick of a switch

has a seperate volme for the 6 inch mid

has a seperate vilume for the 2 tweeters

one thing i have found is, the tweeters are not "clicky" often from far away u can hear the tweeter making a click sound...this does not do it

also, when adjusting the volumes, they are very subtle but make a huge difference in defenition and calrity of the highs, and the 6 inch adds for even more great punch teamed up with the 10's

i hope i have this cab for a very long time. i have had it 2 days and when i wake up in the morning the first thing i wanna do is play my bass

and to be honest...its really hard to explain how these cabs really have to play one...

like others have said really only took the first couple notes i played through it, and i was sold..

i tried to attach a pic, but i couldn't...

i could e mail it to someone that knows how to post them...( it says the fil was too large, i dont know how to shrink it)

(e mail me,
  13. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    oh, and

how do i get an accugroove t shirt or something???

i really want to endorse his product

it blows bergantino /epifani etc out of the water
  14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm glad that you are enjoying your Tri 210L, MODNY! I am not surprised in the least that you were so blown away. And I have to say, that even after owning it for some time, I am always amazed when I pick up the Tri 210L. It is so light!

Just wait until you hear one with a Whappo, Jr.! Those two cabs really go great together.

15. Does anyone know what the warranty policy is on these cabs? I was looking into an El Whappo but was wondering how long the warranty is good for and what it covers?
  16. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    From the actual warranty card:
    "The warranty covers all parts and labor for one year from date of purchase. Abuse, tampering or unauthorized repairs will void"

I'd also like to add that in my experience Accugroove has OUTSTANDING customer service. I thought I had a problem with my El Whappo, and they were extremely fast and helpful with their response....turns out it wasn't the cabinet that was causing my problems.

17. dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    Well thats it, My two Hartke 4.5xl cabs are going on sale today!
    Its new cabs for me!! ;o)
  18. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    man one accugroove cab will replace 2 cabs or more

its ridiculous

i hate lugging gear

so its wicked nice to be able to have a huge sound in such a small package
  19. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    would this 210 cabinet be a good replacement for my ampeg bse410hlf? too often this cabinet is hard to hear
  20. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I got to play through a friend's rig today - a Woods head and a Tri 2-10. It sounded great, just as stated in previous posts in this thread. What truly amazed me was it's extremely light weight. It's the lightest 57 lbs ever; it feels more like 35 lbs. I still can't get over it!

I'm very interested in getting one now.

:bassist: :hyper: :D :hyper: :bassist: