Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my aguilar cabs!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, May 12, 2003.

1. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just received today two Aguilar GS-112 cabs. They sound incredible. I still have my Hartke 3500 but will buy a Carvin DCM1000 and a Sansamp RBI very soon.
    These cabs are really power hungry, I had to turn up to 4-5 to get a great, big, loud sound.

Just wanted to share my moment of happiness with you guys.

I hope you can see the pic I attached.

thanks to all who helped me with advice and info. on the aguilars. I know they'll sound better when I give them the power they need.

bYe...

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Afroman, I was just getting ready to post a new thread asking if anyone else noticed that the GS112's suck the power.

I love the sound I'm getting, but I noticed I'm turning my amp up higher than I used to. I'm running my Carvin R1000 bridged (1000 watts), and it has been turned up to 5 on the last two gigs. I don't think there is any problem with that, since I have more headroom and the peak light hasnt' lit up yet.

My bandmates have been thanking me for getting these cabs. They love the sound.:)

3. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Just imagine...most power amps would easily support four...possibly eight of these nifty cabs!

Kim

4. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    i have a mesa walkabout pushing 1 aggie 12. the mesa should run 4 ohms but the cab is 8 so it is running about 180 of its 300 watts and at that makes my ears bleed. i think a second 8 ohm aggie optimising the impedence for the mesa would be more than i can take. don't play big any more, but barely get the master over 9 with the pre at about 12.

love the mesa aggie setup

imho the aggies are not power drains ymmv.