Got my aguilar cabs!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, May 12, 2003.

1. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just received today two Aguilar GS-112 cabs. They sound incredible. I still have my Hartke 3500 but will buy a Carvin DCM1000 and a Sansamp RBI very soon.
    These cabs are really power hungry, I had to turn up to 4-5 to get a great, big, loud sound.

Just wanted to share my moment of happiness with you guys.

I hope you can see the pic I attached.

thanks to all who helped me with advice and info. on the aguilars. I know they'll sound better when I give them the power they need.

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Afroman, I was just getting ready to post a new thread asking if anyone else noticed that the GS112's suck the power.

I love the sound I'm getting, but I noticed I'm turning my amp up higher than I used to. I'm running my Carvin R1000 bridged (1000 watts), and it has been turned up to 5 on the last two gigs. I don't think there is any problem with that, since I have more headroom and the peak light hasnt' lit up yet.

My bandmates have been thanking me for getting these cabs. They love the sound.:)
  3. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Just imagine...most power amps would easily support four...possibly eight of these nifty cabs!

4. bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    i have a mesa walkabout pushing 1 aggie 12. the mesa should run 4 ohms but the cab is 8 so it is running about 180 of its 300 watts and at that makes my ears bleed. i think a second 8 ohm aggie optimising the impedence for the mesa would be more than i can take. don't play big any more, but barely get the master over 9 with the pre at about 12.

love the mesa aggie setup

imho the aggies are not power drains ymmv.