Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my Avatar B112.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Oct 17, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wow... :eek:

what a great sounding, LOUD little cab.

it can handle everything my AMP bh-260 can throw at it without flinching. even with the bass knobs cranked on everything and dropping low B's on it, it doesn't fart out or anything. i would almost say it's louder than my triad. way louder than everything i'll need it for!

sounds nearly as nice as my old goliath jr as well, maybe not as pronounced of mids but a bit more booty. crossover seems a smidge harsher as well, but running at 50% enables me to easily get "my" tone, so that's all that matters, right? :D

construction is top notch. very sturdy! the grille looks a little cheap, but boo hoo :rolleyes: it was $179! i'll probably be getting something cool looking to replace it soon....maybe tweed? or a blue metal grille? it'll be sweet.

i WILL be ordering another avatar cab. probably a compact 15 so i can REALLY crank up the volume.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations on your most excellent purchase. :)

That would go reeeeal good with my SVT. My 8x10 is too big, 2x10s don't have enough booty, and I don't like 15s. I love 12s. Especially cheap ones. And ESPECIALLY cheap, good ones.

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    must....know.....more........trying....to...contain......GAS

4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Wow. I bet some of the responses to the thread you posted asking about this cab seem kind of funny now. :D

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    :D they sure do.

seriously, you guys don't know what you're missing. if you want a bass cab and don't have a lot of cake or want to spend a lot of cake, this is your ONLY option IMO, and doesn't put you much further off that stuff you WOULD spend a lot of money for.

honestly, i'm happier with my tone thru this little cab than any hartke, peavey, fender, swr workingman, ampeg, and even "gasp" eden cab i've played. (although i've only played the XLT's and really didn't like them. i'm reserving final judgement upon playing the XST)

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you like the B112, you'll love the sound of it and a C115.

The whole is way more than the sum of the parts.