Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Baby Back

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, I just got my Spector REX2000/5 back from my friendly neighbourhood guitar tech. Following my car crash last year (where my car was written off), it had to go to the techs to get a bit of repair work done. It had big gouges in the finish, the neck had become a little bowed and there were crack marks around a lot of frets.

Unfortunately my guitar tech friend took very unwell at the start of the year for about 5 months - a strange viral infection, giving him respiratory problems similar to pneumonia, he was in and out of hospital.

Anyway, got it back on Sunday and took it to band practise. It was great, the sound and the feel were fantastic!!! The Holoflash finish looked better than I remember (fortunately the bits that needed repair were all black!). It has a bit more neck dive than I remember, but that could also be to do with the strap I was using being shorter than I would like (a result of the strap buttons being in different positions to the ones on my NS5CR).

** Mental Note - need to buy longer strap**

I am still very glad I bought this, and am even more happoy to finally be able to play her properly!:)

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Glad that the bass is back in action!!!!!

3. Good to hear about another succesful surgery.