got my baby!!!!!!! PICTURES!! american fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Dec 30, 2004.

1. i got my baby bass for christmas!!!, me and my father went to guitar center and got a brand new american fender jazz bass it is ash body a $150 dollar upgrade, and is transparent orange, maple neck and black pickguard, it looks absolutly amazing!!!! the bass had a price ticket of 1,100 dollars but me and my father haggled it down to 829!!!!!!!!!!

2. teh picture with the white pickguard is what that bass looked like when i bought it, i put a black pickguard on it and it looks absolutly amazing!!!!

Attached Files:

3. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    sweet...Congrats man....It does look better with the black pick gaurd. :hyper:
  4. man thats nice.. you might wanna change your sig.

But damn dude.. that bass is beggin for tort!!! :D
  5. i dont think so it looks great with black, man if fender put black pickguards on there basses they would sell so much more.
  6. hey, actually i think your right.
    Maybe i need to see it in person to appreciate it more.

+1 that many companies would sell more with optional black P/G.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Friggen sweet dude!
  8. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    Nice bass. I've played a bass exactly like that one at Guitar Center in Atlanta. Sounds incredible. Play it until your hearts content and then some.
  9. i cant wait to play this sucker at practice!!!!!, my whole band got new stuff my guitarest got a tele and my drummer got a GONG.
  10. squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    it looks kinda like the strat that will ferrell played on the SNL episode where he was the devil, otherwise, awesome bass dude
  11. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Way to go on the price! You got a sweet deal! And yes, the black pg looks great!
  12. That is absolutely awesome man! Any chance of some sound clips? Nice score, congrats!
  13. sorry no sound clips, i dont have a mic with me at my house. my band just recorded last week, i really wish i would of used my new bass but i id get to use a really nice stingray.
  14. Very cool bass, and nice color combo with the black pickguard.
  15. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I usually like ash bodied Fenders to be natural. However, the trans. orange on your new Jazz looks amazing! Especially with the black guard. Can I borrow it for a "little bit?" ;)

Congrats on the sweet new bass!!
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Looks very nice bro. I prefer the white pickgaurd. I too just joined the MIA Jazz family. I am most happy with my purchase as well. I just wish I would have bought one sooner.

Have you put any thought into any mods on it? If so, spend the money on the J-Retro pre. It is amazing, and made for that bass.

17. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    But they wouldn't sell as many aftermarket black pickguards :D .
  18. here a better picture of the grain

Attached Files:

19. In every picture I've seen, Transparent Orange looks like a different color in each one. It must change drastically in different lights.