Got My Bass Set-up

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by amebassplaya, Mar 1, 2001.

1. What a difference a set-up makes !!! No fret buzzing, wierdo noises, etc. The thing plays like "butta" now.

I had it set-up for low-action, and restrung with D'Addario strings. All in all, the best money I've spent in a long time.

For those who are having problems with the instrument just not sounding, playing, or feeling right, get a set-up.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yup, way better than getting new pickups...
  3. Agreed. This is often how one's MIM Fender can 'feel' better to play than a £1500+ bass.

BTW if you're lucky like me minor setup work can sometimes be FOC- I have been going to the Bass Centre in Birmingham or Wapping for major G.A.S therapy for some years and when my StingRay's low B was out of shape they gave it new strings + sorted the neck relief/action, no questions asked. :)
  4. I went to a local shop that is highly recommended by some guys I know who've been gigging for a while, so I knew it would be done right.

Some guys have all the luck with the gratis work ... I REALLY would like to try different set-ups for different days of the week, Mothers Day, Valentines Day, Christmas Eve ....