Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my bass signed

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, Jan 24, 2005.

1. does anyone here know who David Benoit is? well i went to a show he did at my school a couple weeks ago and figured i would share it with you guys. i'll get some pics up later today.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you send me your bass, I will sign it too.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I don't ask anyone for their autograph unless they ask me for mine first.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Can I have your autograph?

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    :eek: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Ray :crying:

6. David Benoit is a contemporary jazz pianist.

A damn good one. I have some DB on vinyl.

FWIW -
    b

7. Awesome, I wanted to get mine signed by Tony Levin, but it would be weird considering i live right by him...no more info given haha

8. thank you

9. Sweet!

It's all cool, but wouldn't you rather have your bass signed by a bassist?

10. it was, his whole band signed it, the bass player -who's name escapes me right- was unbelievable, he was very good on both his 6 string fodera and his upright. also the drummer and saxophoneist signed

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I think it's cool, but I would never have something I use signed. I have drum heads, drumsticks, set lists, etc. but I won't let them touch my basses.

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I went through a phase where I had MANY artists sign my strat. But the last autograph I got on my instrument was in the early 90s. I had most of them sign the pickguard. One signed the finish, the others were removable. I had Bugs Henserson, Tony MacAlpine, Robben Ford,and a few others that have blurred and I can't remember now.

On my bass I asked my bass hero, who I managed to take a few lessons from, back in the day. He's the only one who signed my bass.

So now I have a matched pair of modified '89 Fender MIJ Standards. Both are antique white with rosewood fingerboards. Both have a black pearloid pickguard. Both have black p'ups with no visibke polepieces (EMG's on the Jazz, Lace Senors on the Strat). And both have a signature on the finish, near the bridge. Steve Morse is on the Strat. Chuck Rainey is on the Jazz.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, I don't get signing basses/anything you use. It makes you not want to use it so the signature doesn't wear off.

14. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I got my strat and my Hair of The Dog cd signed by Manny Charlton of Nazareth..When I went to lunch with him.. :bassist:

15. Being able to see Tony at Keegan's is a treat. I've seen him there 3 times now, twice as Uncle Funk and once with CGT..... sweet.

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I had my friend Shayne sign my guitar... it wore off. It's a shame, his punk band is starting to get popular...

17. I haven't ever had my bass signed, but I do make it a point of collecting autographs from famous people. I dunno why, it's just a habit of mine lately.

Anyways, I'm interested in learning who's David Benoit's bassist. David Benoit is a great pianist, and I'm a big fan of his playing.