got my bass signed

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, Jan 24, 2005.

1. does anyone here know who David Benoit is? well i went to a show he did at my school a couple weeks ago and figured i would share it with you guys. i'll get some pics up later today.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you send me your bass, I will sign it too.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I don't ask anyone for their autograph unless they ask me for mine first.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Can I have your autograph?

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    NEVAH! :bag:

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    :eek: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Ray :crying:

7. David Benoit is a contemporary jazz pianist.

A damn good one. I have some DB on vinyl.

FWIW -
    b

8. Awesome, I wanted to get mine signed by Tony Levin, but it would be weird considering i live right by him...no more info given haha

9. thank you

10. Sweet!

It's all cool, but wouldn't you rather have your bass signed by a bassist?

11. it was, his whole band signed it, the bass player -who's name escapes me right- was unbelievable, he was very good on both his 6 string fodera and his upright. also the drummer and saxophoneist signed

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I think it's cool, but I would never have something I use signed. I have drum heads, drumsticks, set lists, etc. but I won't let them touch my basses.

13. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I went through a phase where I had MANY artists sign my strat. But the last autograph I got on my instrument was in the early 90s. I had most of them sign the pickguard. One signed the finish, the others were removable. I had Bugs Henserson, Tony MacAlpine, Robben Ford,and a few others that have blurred and I can't remember now.

On my bass I asked my bass hero, who I managed to take a few lessons from, back in the day. He's the only one who signed my bass.

So now I have a matched pair of modified '89 Fender MIJ Standards. Both are antique white with rosewood fingerboards. Both have a black pearloid pickguard. Both have black p'ups with no visibke polepieces (EMG's on the Jazz, Lace Senors on the Strat). And both have a signature on the finish, near the bridge. Steve Morse is on the Strat. Chuck Rainey is on the Jazz.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, I don't get signing basses/anything you use. It makes you not want to use it so the signature doesn't wear off.

15. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I got my strat and my Hair of The Dog cd signed by Manny Charlton of Nazareth..When I went to lunch with him.. :bassist:

16. Being able to see Tony at Keegan's is a treat. I've seen him there 3 times now, twice as Uncle Funk and once with CGT..... sweet.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I had my friend Shayne sign my guitar... it wore off. It's a shame, his punk band is starting to get popular...

18. I haven't ever had my bass signed, but I do make it a point of collecting autographs from famous people. I dunno why, it's just a habit of mine lately.

Anyways, I'm interested in learning who's David Benoit's bassist. David Benoit is a great pianist, and I'm a big fan of his playing.