Got my Carvin R1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adamaarts, Apr 17, 2003.

1. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    UPS delivered it while i was at work, and left it on my porch. good thing no one came over to visit or my amp would have been... wel you know.

First setting, everything at 12 oclock, or off (compresser and noise gate) my eq on my bass was lat, no effects nothing to alter the tone.

Good tone for having nothing to color it, but itwas not to my taste.

pushed in he mid shift, gave me a cut at 450 hz? im not sure, and im too lazy to go check. this gave me a better warmer tone. the main eq i boosted the bass about 5db, the mid sweep 200 hz boosted about 8 db. the treble was straight up, i dont like too much treble or high mids, it makes that screech everytime you move your hand across the strings.

i got my ideal tone with just thee knobs, didnt touch the gain, graphic eq, or anything else.

i did have to use the compressor after turning the volume up, my POS carvin cab cant handle te lows or any sudden bursts of sound. then i had to cut the lows on the graphic eq, i tried every combintion of knobs and eq, but through his cab it was best with a frown face eq, or a wave kind of like /\/.

i did get more power than i needed, the amp was at about 75%, im strill not sure how to balance main volume and amp power. this as at 350 watts at 4 ohms. im hoping tio bridge it on saturday during practice through an 8x10. hopefull will have more lows.

overall, this amp is great. lots of headroom. my cab went out and the amp was still smiling. no struggle.good value for the $$$ , 450 used, and shipped.

does anyine have a good cab to matc with this? i need my lows!!!!!!!!!
  2. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I primarily run my Avatar 4x10 with it..and occasionally use a 15" as well. I don't live on the "B" string but the 4x10 provides plenty for the stuff we do. Infact, last week at an outside gig our lead guitarist actually got mad at me everytime I hit a low "D" cause he said he couldn't hear himself....sorry bout that! Get a bigger amp dude!:D (but this guy would complain if he won the lottery...)
  3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I'm running an R600 bridged mono, usually into one of the cabs pictured... 500W @ 8 Ohms. Running bridged into the full stack really packs a wallop!

Loaded with Eminence Kappa 15LFA's... The cabinets are right about 3.9 cu. ft. as recommended... Full, throaty bass, just as I like it. I tried it with 10's for awhile but wasn't digging it like I do with these... 'course, that's just me. YMMV :)

4. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    my R600 gives me some great amplificationage. I run it through a Peavey TX410, which others on TB also use in this same config. I also use mine bridged mono, and you sure can feel this thing RUMBLE.

and since we're posting pics now,