Got my Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Finally, I received it, after more than 2 months. Here's my review (as promised long ago)....

Initially, disappointment. Upon turning up the bass in the eq, and cranking it, the speakers flubbed around terribly and buzzed with a 5-string. Then, I set everything flat, including the eq on the bass itself, much better, and still full. I played it for about 2 hours tonight at band practice, and it held it's own against a loud drummer and guitarist.

I think this amp is pretty much voiced flat the way most of us are used to setting our eq's with a smiley face, cranking the bass and treble. You really have to experiment with the parametric eq to get it right, but once you do, like I did tonight, it's magic!! This amp will handle 95% of any gig I'll likely do. If I need more, I'll rent or borrow an extension cab.

Oh, yeah, stay off the "enhance" knob too, it adds a ton of hiss and doesn't seem to do much.

This is a great amp for anyone needing a relatively lightweight, loud, good sounding amp for small and medium size venues. Don't be discouraged (as I was) if at first it doesn't sound right. Just start with the eq flat and make small changes from there.

I'm rambling now, it's late, but I give it a "thumbs up"!

2. Hey Mark congrats on the new combo!

I've ran an eden system for years and have always set everything pretty much flat. My enhance conrtol has never been noisy on my head but my D.I. is noisy. I use the tone / volume knobs on my Jazz, and my thumb bass to edit the tone more than the amp. It works great for me!
  3. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    After playing with mine for a year now. My CXC1015 I couldn't be happier with the amp for the money I paid. Still wonder if I should have went with the Metro or not but I beleive the Eden CXC series is a lot more amp than what some people thing it is. I beleive as Eden says it's a more light weight amp.

Enjoy your new amp.