Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my Eden D410XLT Today!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyBase, Jan 18, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Okay, I didnt think this thing would live up to my expectations. I was completely wrong. This thing sounds INCREDIBLE compared to my Mesa 1516 cab which almost seems "nasaly" in comparison to the Eden. I can fine tune my Mesa 400+ and this cab sings! From the nice smooth lows, to the crisp, snappy mids, to the not too overly done highs, this thing does it all. I have got some serious GAS now for maybe a 15 to go under this thing now, maybe a 2x15. I do want to thank the guys and gals at TalkBass.com for helping me make my decision all the opinions on this board helped out a TON.
    Thanks Again
    Tommy

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the dark side. You will never go back.

Now all you need is an Eden amp too...:)

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yes, the Eden D410XLT rules. Get a Navigator to go boot and you'll be pimpin'.

4. Most definately sounds better than Mesa. Like, i love the construction of Mesa cabs cause they are like tanks, but they just aren't as defined at all.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One word (again): SEE?

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, i like Eden amps, but there are too many knobs..I like the 400+ for its simplicity and that creamy tube sound..looks like i may add a second 410xlt to my rig and be done with it before i get more GAS.
    Thanks a ton everyone!

7. I used to think that eden's had too many knobs untill I used one. They don't put any useless knobs on it, I played a peavey combo once that had all kinds of knobs that I never used. Eden has parametric eq- which can look intimidating- but it is VERY usefull.

8. jplb70

jplb70

Nov 1, 2001
    I just set up Edens on my rig as well LOVE em! Congrats and enjoy!

9. beachgeddy

beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    I use around 1000 watts with my 8 ohm model. at practice, I was using a peavey 410 while going direct into a p.a. system where I had 2 18's all to myself. the xlt holds up just as well on its own, and also sounds a lot more like I want it to. :p I'm simply tickled pink. and I still have less crap to haul around than the guitar players. I also feel if I was to add another cab, it would be another eden 410 (maybe an xst on the bottom?). but what I have now is more than enough for the bars we play. I just hope gas wont strike again for a while, hmm but I could use another bass . . .

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yeah, like you guys, I would love to add another Eden cab to the 410XLT, maybe another one or a 15 or 18, but I think that 1 4x10 will suit me for the time being. Only til I'm on tour and in a band, should I worry about getting loud.

Until then, I have some major GAS for that video gaming system, XBOX. Seems very pimp to me. You got to check it out, even if you're really young or really old. The graphics are just surreal. The realistic quality of the games are just incredible. I crapped my pants the first time I saw one in a store. :D

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I use a D410XLT bi-amped with a WT800 quite a lot but I'll take a Mesa Boogie Road Ready 410 any day with my 400+. The older Boogie cabs (with EV's) are fantastic. I also have a Boogie 410 with Eden drivers that's really the best of both worlds. I prefer the Boogie cab sound, in general--fatter and just as detailed with more low register oomph. Did you get rid of the Mesa cab, BTW?

12. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    When you get an Eden head you don't need to touch any of the EQ knobs. If you got a decent bass no need to tweak....

hmmmm u are starting to give me GAS for Eden 410. you bastard!!!!!! :p

nah, my SWR's do real good with the wt-600

13. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    <¢$<?1/4ave GAS real bad. My girlfriend even asked me last night if they make an antacid for the GAS i have...ha ha..

The only thing that would really make me want an Eden head is the weight factor. My 400+ just isnt getting much lighter, thats for sure.

14. i've been using a 410xlt with my wt400 for about a month, maybe 2, and let me tell you, this thing is full of surprises. i've been playing with my actiev EQ at only half bass, full mids and half highs, and got a boss equalizer pedal, and pumped up the bass on that, so i'm playing this really hardcore song, and i stomp on the pedal and my bass goes so low you can just FEEL it... the vibrations and low end ar ejust crazy, i didn't know i could get that out of my 410!
    and to think i've got a D115 sitting in my garage waiting for use... i can't wait to throw that on and see how it feels

15. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Eden heads are not heavy at all. I am going to put it in a rack once we start our gigging again. But its still pretty damn light.

16. Yep I love my Eden 410XLT too... and keep raving about it, but our regular gig goers have also commented how great it sounds and how they 'feel' it!

All this talk of knobs... I know it's slightly off topic, but thought you might like to check out these amps...:D

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A picture is worth 6.023 X 10^27 words. ROFL.

18. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    HA!
    The woman amp doesnt have enough buttons to push, though...you have to love pushing a womans buttons..

ha!

19. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey boogiebass, i totally didnt see that you had asked about the Mesa cab.
    I still have it and cant decide rather or not to keep it or sell it...I'll sell it for the right price though, thats for sure.

20. What are the connectors on the Eden cabs?