Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got my fender in the mail today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by razorbakc, Feb 7, 2002.

1. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    As you might recall my earlier thread about the ebay fender p-bass, it finally came! And i love it, it has the sweetest tone and is exactly as shown in the auction. Plus, at a much better buy than the 900 bucks I would pay at a local music store.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    it's always good to have a Fender P around. they are my favourite basses!
    enjoy!
    that's a bad pic of mine:

3. Tonto_Goldstein

Tonto_Goldstein

Aug 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I just got my Fender GL Jazz. I won it on Ebay last week and I saved close to $250.00 on it! I don't know about you, but mine is in better shape that the guy said it was in.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I have been looking at basses on eBay and Yahoo! Auction the past few weeks. In all honesty, it would make me nervous to buy something like that, without being able to touch it and play it first.

I'm glad you dudes got what you wanted though. Congrats!

5. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah, it was pretty scary. Especially when the lady didnt email us for a day wfter we sent the paypal. But, all turned out great and I just cant get enough of playing it.

6. dabluesman

dabluesman Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Tennessee
    My MIJ FotoFlame Jazz bass came in yesterday. I got it from ebay too. The quality of it is right up there with Am. Std's. Pretty good buy for $525 with a hard shell molded case. Pics of it are in the "I got a new bass" thread. I never thought I would do it but I now have a P-bass (MIM) and a Jazz too.

7. Tonto_Goldstein

Tonto_Goldstein

Aug 26, 2001
    Chicago
    But the guy answered all my questions very promptly. I was the only bidder on the bass - He posted it as a "Getty" not a "Geddy", plus he didn't use the last name (Lee) so it didn't show up in any searches. I only found it by looking at every bass on Ebay. I payed thru paypal about 5 minutes after the auction and he emailed me with a thanks for the payment. He shipped the bass the next day. I do wonder if all transactions go this smooth?

8. Sadly, they do not. :( :mad:
    I have been duped before, and will probably be duped again. But there are incompetant and dishonest people scamming their way through internet auctions, stealing people's money. I'm glad everything turned out great for you guys, enjoy your new bass!

9. Ah yes. The satisfing feeling of a P-bass in your hand. It throbs, it vibrates, it purrs out smooth low town. ahhhh....

WOW, come on back!

I have had my first J-bass for 3 months now. Went cold turky to it and put the P-bass away. After 3 months I picked it up for the heck of it. Fell in love with it all over again. I have the best of both worlds now. J & a P-bass.

Heaven.

Enjoy!!!

10. I saw that bass on ebay, and I was curious about the whole 'Getty' thing... glad to see everything went okay, I thought it was a scam.

11. that's a nice P! i usually hate black fenders because they have white pickguards and look like cows, but black on black with a maple board is one of the coolest color configurations ever.